How do I get my PS3 to work on a non HDTV?

1. OK. So I bought this used PS3. The guy had an HDTV so he only used his HDMI cable. He told me that he lost the cable that is used for a regular (non HDTV). But, he told me to use the cable from my PS2. So I went home and tried the cable from the PS2. The cable fits but nothing shows up on the TV and i don't hear any sound. I know the PS3 works because i played it at this guys house. SO what cable do I need to buy to get this PS3 to show up on my TV?

P.S. It has to be able to connect to my TV's red, yellow, and white connection. Thanks.

User Info: Buffmonkey33

Buffmonkey33 - 6 years ago
    I forgot to say that its an 80gb PS3 and its backwards compatible (it plays PS2 games). The model number is CECHE01. Thanks again.

User Info: Buffmonkey33

Buffmonkey33 - 6 years ago

1. Buy the Y/W/R cable for the PS3 and plug it in where it goes. The PS2 cable does work but not very well. Prees and hold the power button for 5 seconds and release it should make it on R/W/Y input

User Info: Texasjake95

Texasjake95 - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. unfortunately, you need to go back onto a HDTV to fix this. Once that is done, go to settings and change HDMI cable to that cable from the PS2. The screen will go blank then change the tv to AV or something (btw, both HDMI and other cable must be plugged in to TV to work). press X than continue. I know its abit confusing but contact me for more info.. i do this all the time

User Info: Cheese_Slurpy

Cheese_Slurpy - 6 years ago 0 1