Question from RaptrosMaster

What are the GB's for PS3's?

I have a 180GB, yet I can't seem to find anything about a 180GB PS3. I just want to know if mine is truely 180GB. My Parents got me the best PS3 (before 250GB was out) and i think it said 180Gb but i lost anything telling me that, and I'm not sure how to check how much GB is on it.

RaptrosMaster provided additional details:

i just checked the system information, it says 54 GB / 74 GB. i know i didnt get a 80GB ps3... it was one of the ones in the hundreds...

and my PS3 was $550 when i got it. I've never heard of one of the 80GB that was ever that much. I've never heard of any PS3 that much besides mine

SonicBoom344 answered:

Actually, yeah, there were more expensive PS3s. When the PS3 first came out, the 60 GB was $599.99. Same with the 80 GB when it released. The PS3 started to get some price drops in the last couple years, though.

Also, I apologize, my last answer was wrong. You have a 80 GB PS3, I assume. There is no 180 GB PS3, the highest one before the 250 GB was the 160 GB. Again, I'm sorry. I feel like an idiot.
0 0

Answers

SonicBoom344 answered:

To find out, you should probably look at your System Information. On the XMB menu, go to the Settings icon. Then go to System Settings, it should be the sixth option down or so. Once in System Settings, go all the way down the list until you get to System Information, it should be the second to last option. Select it and it will give you a few pieces of information, including your Free Space, saying something (for yours) like 174 GB / 174 GB. The number to the right of the slash is the total amount of space, while the number to the left is how much space you have left to use.

Note that it will most likely not say 180 GB, it will say a few gigabytes less, like all the PS3s. This is because the PS3 takes some space for itself to store vital information that keeps the system running properly.
0 0