Question from AntMan2057

How do I format my external drive to copy fat 32 ?

I want to back up my data to an external hd to upload to a bigger hd for ps3.But I need to reformat to fat32,I tried a program called swissknife but when I click on the external hd I get a error message that says "windows encounterd a problem and needs to shut down send/don't send error report" then the program closes?Can anyone please help?

EoinOL asked for clarification:

What operating system are you using?

AntMan2057 provided additional details:

I found a program that worked, the hdd was too big for swissknife.Thanks guys.

Answers

Zek_99 answered:

"windows encounterd a problem and needs to shut down send/don't send error repor"

To Eoin............ (LRN2RD)

Connect HDD to computer

Right Click on HDD in My Computer

Look for format

Select FAT32

????

Profit!
0 2

EoinOL answered:

Zek_99 - perhaps you're new to computers? I assume that you are since otherwise you would have noticed that there is MORE THAN ONE version of Windows. Please try to actually be helpful to the person asking the question, instead of patronising to other people who are actually trying to help. Also please note that your "solution" would create a partition of just 32GB - which is presumably exactly why the person asking the question needs Swiss Knife in the first place.
0 1