How do I format my external drive to copy fat 32 ?

1. I want to back up my data to an external hd to upload to a bigger hd for ps3.But I need to reformat to fat32,I tried a program called swissknife but when I click on the external hd I get a error message that says "windows encounterd a problem and needs to shut down send/don't send error report" then the program closes?Can anyone please help?

User Info: AntMan2057

AntMan2057 - 7 years ago
    What operating system are you using?

User Info: Eoin

Eoin - 7 years ago
    I found a program that worked, the hdd was too big for swissknife.Thanks guys.

User Info: AntMan2057

AntMan2057 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. "windows encounterd a problem and needs to shut down send/don't send error repor"

To Eoin............ (LRN2RD)

Connect HDD to computer

Right Click on HDD in My Computer

Look for format

Select FAT32

????

Profit!

User Info: Zek_99

Zek_99 - 7 years ago 0 2
  2. Zek_99 - perhaps you're new to computers? I assume that you are since otherwise you would have noticed that there is MORE THAN ONE version of Windows. Please try to actually be helpful to the person asking the question, instead of patronising to other people who are actually trying to help. Also please note that your "solution" would create a partition of just 32GB - which is presumably exactly why the person asking the question needs Swiss Knife in the first place.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1