Question from DJA747

How do I change my NAT Type from 3 to 2?

I've tried putting my PS3 in the DMZ, I've tried youtube walkthroughs that work for them. I've basically tried just about everything. Why isn't it working?

Answers

vipes209 answered:

How do I change my NAT Type

If your NAT Type 1 or 2 then you don't need to change a thing, everything is working as it should. If you're NAT Type 3 then you're in the right place and should try these steps. There is no guarantee what worked for me will work for you and since we all have different routers and I cannot offer support on your personal situation. The best I can do is tell you what worked for me and hope you can put the pieces together.

In most cases you will have to assign your PS3 a static IP address. I can't tell you step by step how to do it to your router but hopefully now that you know what it's called you can find your way. You'll need to know your PS3s MAC address to assign a static IP. To find your MAC address simply go to

Settings > System Settings > System Information

You should now see your MAC address, I suggest you write it down.

Once your PS3 has an static IP address you need to open up a few ports. In my situation I simply went to

Applications & Gaming > Port Range Forward
Ultimately you need to open ports:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

Once you've done this turn off your PS3 and power cycle your router. Run another Internet Connection Test and you're hopefully NAT Type 2.
0 1

ThePazaunext answered:

Hello.

On Belkin router, you can't just change the NAT type. Instead, set the device in DMZ.
0 0

Nat type 3 to 2? Open VaanOfTheDawn
Game Type? Open pooky712
I can't get my PS3 to connect as NAT Type 1 or 2? Open ZeroMatrix666
NAT type 3 detected? Answered thenoobynoober
I get NAT type 3 on ps3 and open on my xbox360? Open shotguntothed