Ps3 wont play games but dvds why?

1. I was playing my ps3 games and then turned it off for about two hours and when i turned it on to play more games it wont read the game got it to work once for about an hour or so then played a demo on my ps3 and went to play the game again and it wasnt even loaded up but it still plays dvds without problem what can i do to fix it?

User Info: crazytink01

crazytink01 - 5 years ago

1. It is likely that a part of your laser burned out. Certain systems have multiple lasers, one for each media. Your Blu-ray laser burned out but not your dvd laser. You can buy a new laser or laser and deck. The best thing is to dissassemble your system far enough to see the model # to get an exact replacement or send it in to get it fixed.

User Info: bandit_wolf

bandit_wolf - 5 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Same same prob on super slim. Is it for sure burned out? Or maybe just need cleaning? Not being stupid just wondering. Thx

User Info: mastodon_pwns

mastodon_pwns - 2 years ago 0 0