Question from crazytink01

Ps3 wont play games but dvds why?

I was playing my ps3 games and then turned it off for about two hours and when i turned it on to play more games it wont read the game got it to work once for about an hour or so then played a demo on my ps3 and went to play the game again and it wasnt even loaded up but it still plays dvds without problem what can i do to fix it?

Answers

bandit_wolf answered:

It is likely that a part of your laser burned out. Certain systems have multiple lasers, one for each media. Your Blu-ray laser burned out but not your dvd laser. You can buy a new laser or laser and deck. The best thing is to dissassemble your system far enough to see the model # to get an exact replacement or send it in to get it fixed.
0 0

mastodon_pwns answered:

Same same prob on super slim. Is it for sure burned out? Or maybe just need cleaning? Not being stupid just wondering. Thx
0 0