Question from narutouchiha010

PS3 turns off with 3 beeps a minute after turning on...but then runs normally after reset?

I've had this problem for a few months now and so far nothing has happened. I turn on my ps3 and after a minute or so, it turns itself off with 3 beeps. I wait a few seconds, then turn it on again, and it won't turn off anymore (for as long as 6 continuous hours of usage). I thought it might be dirty fans/cooling system but that would not make any sense since EVERYTIME after the second time I turn it on nothing else happens. I tried turning it off again after the 2nd time I turn it on and again, it runs perfectly. This unexpected turn off, however, also ALWAYS happens when I play MW3 online for a few minutes. In summary:
-PS3 turns off with 3 beeps a minute after I turn it on
-After turning it back on, it won't turn off and runs perfectly
-This unexpected shutdown, however, ALWAYS happens when playing MW3 online.

What could be the issue here? This has been going on for months and nothing has happened to it so far but that does not guarantee that it will continue to stay that way. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

rhode2nowere answered:

Not sure if you have a slim or the old fat one but while I was playing The Last Of Us, I found two room that would do that exact thing, 3 beeps and shut off. The only time it happened though was when I was in those rooms with a flashlight. My guess is that it ran my old ps3 too hard, and was overheating. that little bit of processing for the flashlight can add alot of stress on the hardware. maybe you have certain maps in MW3 that push your system too hard.
0 0