Question from shinchikudo

How to sync a brand new PS3 controller?

Hi! I just bought a new PS3 controller. When I plug it in the turned-on PS3, its lights flashes and starts charging (for 3-4 hours), and works perfectly fine when plugged with the USB. However, immediately upon unplugging from the USB, its four lights flashes and goes dead, and cannot be turn on by pressing the PS button unless I reconnect it with the USB. I tried to reset it for few seconds with the small hole in the back, it simply turns off when plugged, and nothing happens when unplugged. It would just never turn on with out the USB, even if it is connected via USB to another charger or PC.
Can some please help me? Thank you soooo much!

shinchikudo provided additional details:

I got a new controller by returning the god one, yet it is still not working. Exact same problem, whenever I unplug it from the USB (the new one that came with the new controller), the controller's light will flash and then go dead...

GasmanOAV answered:

If it's not the charger then the battery would be the problem. Take it back to the store and tell them it won't charge. If you are within the return period you should get a new one. If it's too late for that you can take it apart and try the battery in your original controller.

Did you try the USB cable from the original controller?
0 0