Question from The-Rekve

Deleting from the game data utility folder?

My 40 gb ps3 has ran out of space, and i realised that I haven't deleted from the game data utility folder yet, even though i rarely play a lot of my games. I suppose that it won't affect my saves and will just "temporarely" delete the game from the system until you put in the disc again, but you can't be too sure.

So here's my simple questions:
What happens if you delete a game saved under the game data utility folder?
Will it have any effect on the save games and trophies?
Any problems I sholud be aware of before I do this or is it as simple as it is?

From: IHeartJessAlba 6 years ago

As far as i know, it is as simple as it sounds. You delete it, and when you want to play that game again, it just re-installs.

Your trophies are linked to your PSN. And your game saves are a separate file.

I HAVE heard rumors that there are some games out there that won't let you use your game saves if you do this. I don't remember the game(s) i specifically heard it for, so you may want to read up on that before trying this, though this is a technique that a LOT of PS3 users go for when looking for more HDD space.