Question from goatsnake2000

I want to use a pc monitor instead a tv?

I want to use a pc monitor instead a tv, wat do i do?

Top Voted Answer

Eoin answered:

You have 3 options.

1. If your monitor has a HDMI port, then you can use a HDMI cable to directly link the PS3 to the monitor. This is pretty much the best option.

2. If your monitor does not have a HDMI port, but does have a DVI port, you can use a HDMI to DVI adapter to link the PS3 to the monitor. HDMI to DVI adapters are generally fairly cheap (especially online). You will however need a separate connection for audio, as DVI only carries a video signal.

3. If your monitor lacks both HDMI and DVI ports, then you will need to get something to convert the PS3's output into VGA. This type of adapter can get expensive, and although there are cheaper ones, a lot of them are low-quality. HDMI to VGA adapters exist, as do Component to VGA adapters.
2 0


CashMoneyMan answered:

The above user (Eoin) has genuinely answered your question but you must also note that the LCD monitor must support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) in order to play PS3 on it through DVI.
0 0

This question has been successfully answered and closed

More Questions from This Game

Question Status From
PC monitor? Answered duelmaster918
PS3 with laptop monitor? Open gundam_freako
LG monitor won't display ps3? Unanswered Linux
What do I need to get in order to play my PS3 on my LCD Monitor? Open animuszx
ViewSonic's 37 or 24 inch mac as monitor ? Open collindc

Ask a Question

To ask or answer questions, please log in or register for free.