Why does my PS3 screen is not appearing on my tv ??

1. Why does my PS3 screen is not appearing on my tv ?? i have used HDMI cable... and i dont know.. what happened.. and now my LCD TV and PS3 both are not showing image .. i used 2nd tv to check if PS3 was working.. and i found that.. its not showing any image on 2nd tv as well.. so both of my PS3 and LCD tv is not working... any idea.. ?? what abt the replacement policy of Sony.. are they going to replace my PS3 with a new one???

User Info: usmanshah

usmanshah - 7 years ago
    i have found the answer. :)

this happens when u plug your PS3 (when u have changed its settings for an HDTV) with a tv set which has no HD function.. then your playstation wont show any display.. and you cannot change its settings to normal like this.. what you have to do is to press the power button located in front of PS3 for more than 5 seconds.. then PS3 will automatically adjust its settings to normal tv display.. and your system will be working fine... :)

User Info: usmanshah

usmanshah - 7 years ago

1. Do the tvs have HDCP (high-bandwidth digital-content protection)? The PS3 requires it for HDMI hookups. My PC monitor doesn't have HDCP, but using component, I still get the pic if I run it in 720p or 1080i.

This may not be ur issue; it's just an idea.

btw, off Sony's support:

link: manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/video.html

"If a device that is not compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard is connected to the system using an HDMI cable, video and/or audio cannot be output from the system."

User Info: Nixedantur

Nixedantur - 7 years ago 0 0

1. I got the same problem I'm trying to figure it out.

User Info: MrWolf_-

MrWolf_- - 9 months ago 0 0