Question from usmanshah

Why does my PS3 screen is not appearing on my tv ??

Why does my PS3 screen is not appearing on my tv ?? i have used HDMI cable... and i dont know.. what happened.. and now my LCD TV and PS3 both are not showing image .. i used 2nd tv to check if PS3 was working.. and i found that.. its not showing any image on 2nd tv as well.. so both of my PS3 and LCD tv is not working... any idea.. ?? what abt the replacement policy of Sony.. are they going to replace my PS3 with a new one???

usmanshah provided additional details:

i have found the answer. :)

this happens when u plug your PS3 (when u have changed its settings for an HDTV) with a tv set which has no HD function.. then your playstation wont show any display.. and you cannot change its settings to normal like this.. what you have to do is to press the power button located in front of PS3 for more than 5 seconds.. then PS3 will automatically adjust its settings to normal tv display.. and your system will be working fine... :)

Answers

Nixedantur answered:

Do the tvs have HDCP (high-bandwidth digital-content protection)? The PS3 requires it for HDMI hookups. My PC monitor doesn't have HDCP, but using component, I still get the pic if I run it in 720p or 1080i.

This may not be ur issue; it's just an idea.

btw, off Sony's support:

link: manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/video.html

"If a device that is not compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard is connected to the system using an HDMI cable, video and/or audio cannot be output from the system."
0 0

Black screen sometimes? Open kingrptr101
PS3 Freezing before XMB Screen.... Any help? Open oOoSPECZoOo
My screen is higher than it should be, how to fix? Open tymurt
Screen Res Question? Answered icmdraghon
Ps3 not showen on tv screen? Answered jasonv8