How to charge a PS3 Controller?

1. Ok, I plugged the USB cord into the wireless controller that came with the PS3 and into the USB in the PS3 console and turned on the system and hit the button that turns the PS3 green light on. Then I saw 4 lights on the controller flashing for about a minute or so after I pressed the circle PS3 button in the middle of the controller and then it stopped, then it showed one flasing red light and turned into one solid flashing light. I left it like that for about 4 hours without playing any games, and after I tried to play games (thinking it was charged) and I still got the message telling me that there's no power or it has reached it's maximum and needs to be charged or something like that. What's wrong? Do I have to press the PS3 button in the middle of the controller to get it started, or do I just turn on the system and it will charge by itself. Either way...after charging for 4 hours I keep getting the same message telling me that the USB thingy has reached it's maximum amount and needs recharging. What's wrong? Thanks in advance!

User Info: moggle333

moggle333 - 7 years ago

1. not sure about this....

However, I would try this:

Turn on your ps3 without the usb chord in. then log into your user name. Once your logged on and everything, put the usb chord in. Now, assuming your controller is off, plug the controller into the usb. Your controller should now start charging.

I am not sure this will work because I don't understand why your problem is happening.

If this doesn't work, maybe you should call Sony.

User Info: TheBucks777

TheBucks777 - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. I've never heard of that happening, but you can try plugging it into a PC or laptop.

User Info: hubster99

hubster99 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Push the reset button on the back of the controller. Tiny hole use a paperclip.

User Info: Dovah300

Dovah300 - 5 months ago 0 0