Question from diegoestevan05

YLoD? what is it? my idea of it?

Alright so ive heard bout this thing, sounds stupid, but i hope it doesnt happen to my system. i heard that its caused by overheating and i dont think thats the reason just cause of the fact that if your playstation is overheating, the system lets you know on the screen the same way it tells you when a download completes or when a friend goes on/offline, just tells to turn your system on that its overheating. then i heard its when you have to much files or if your under 20gb of memory, i have 18/80 gb left. hasnt happened yet. so the only theory ive got is if you dont turn off the system when it tells you to (when overheating) the light will come up. not only will you see the warning but you should be able to hear it lol (the system). so what do yall think?

Zek_99 answered:

The yellow light means that here is a problem and the PS3 wants you to contact sony, i dont think a message pops up on the screen saying "Your PS3 is over heating"

As long as you dont put your PS3 in a small enclosed space with no room for air to move around, you will be fine.
2 0

Answers

GenkaiSIX answered:

For a few weeks I was running with less than 500mb of space and had no problems and though I've never had a YLoD yet, in most every case it has occurred it just happens and there's nothing you can do about it. It's not a warning, it's just letting you know there's a problem, contact Sony.
2 0

Mars832 answered:

Yellow Of Death. System is dead. Contact sony for them to repair it.
0 0

kingdevil2 answered:

YLOD=Yellow Light Of Death. Its like the Xbox 360'S RROD=Red Ring Of Death. They both mean your ps3 has a yellow light instead of a green light. Contact Sony immediately if u wanna keep playing
0 0

Cy_Gogetenks answered:

The YLoD is 9 times out of 10 an overheat error. The GPU/CPU is creating too much heat for the boards to handle and it shuts itself down with no way of turning it back on. Now there are two options here: A: if you're under warranty send it to Sony for a refurbished unit. Or for less than $80 fix it yourself or ship it to someone that can fix it for you. I've had my PS3 fixed of the YLoD 3 times from a guy that fixes it. However it has died the 4th time and i've watched him fix it. So i'm not going to fix it this time myself. If anyone needs repairs on a YLoD PS3 and i fix mine right i'll enclose my email address on my next message so those that suffer from it can either send me theirs to work on or so i can help them fix it themselves.
0 0

Cy_Gogetenks answered:

I have in fact repaired my YLoD PS3. If you have one that's YLoD'ed email me at the_dark_fluffems@yahoo.com and we can discuss repair prices. :)
0 2

YLoD ? Answered Welchy786
YLOD fix? Open ryanskywalker12
Ylod? Answered Block0407
What does the YLoD mean? Answered mariostrikerfoo
Has anyone surprass the YLOD? Answered EvilChris5