What's wrong with my PS3?, keeps freezing up

1. Whenever I go into the PS3 menu during a game by pressing the PS button on the controller, the menu fails to load properly and whenever I try to exit it seems to freeze up as it's trying to exit the menu and I cant reset during that time. Some of the games I play are also affected whenever they are trying to load or confirm anything. Some games play fine though until I enter the menu, anyone know why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

User Info: VengefulNemesis

VengefulNemesis - 7 years ago

1. Hopefully you solved the problem by now, but it does seem to be a common problem. Quite often it is caused by overheating and the solutions are to make sure the air can circulate around the console on all sides, including the bottom. For some reason doing a reset to factory settings can help. Cleaning any dust accumulated will often help in a lot of cases. There are any number of reasons for this to occur and sometimes it takes a game shop or returning to Sony to repair. Good luck.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 month ago 0 0

1. Your framwire is damaged maybe you did not download the update data properly when you updated your ps3 last time,the only solution for this problem is to wait when the new update is avaliable and update it.but if the problem happen again then you should send it to sony to fix it for you.

User Info: eal-zubieri

eal-zubieri (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. I agree with eal-zubieri about the possible cause but you should also make sure that there are no other reasons behind the PS freezing issue.

Provide more room for the unit to breathe. If the freezing becomes quite frequent, power off your PS3 for at least 30-40 minutes. This will give plenty of time for the electroncis inside to cool down.

You can also read how I got rid of my PS3 freezing problem by viewing here : bit.ly/PUgrfT

User Info: kami_baba

kami_baba - 2 years ago 0 0