Review by ZeldaFan9999

"The epitome of a console."

Introduction:
I love the Playstation 1; I love the PS2; I love the PS3. Some may think that $600 is a lot of money, but there's a $500 version and even that's a bargain. The Playstation 3 is worth the hassle getting one.

I own all of the consoles, and there is no doubt that the PS3 is the best. With Resistance, I can see all of the potential that the Playstation 3 has. If you want to know if you get what you pay for, read on.

Console Design: 9/10
Many people consider the Sony Playstation 3 console to be ugly. It may not look the best, but with how few problems it has, there is not complaint. The Playstation 3 is big, but I use it to play games and to watch movies, among other things. I never really notice how big it is.

Setup: 10/10
The Setup was nice and easy. As long as there is a place to put the Playstation 3, then you are set.

Playstation 3 Graphical Power: 10/10
I would give this an eleven out of ten if I could. The launch games may not look the best, but they are on par with second generation Xbox 360 games. The MotorStorm demo had on par graphics with Gears of War, and there still lots of room for improvement. The system has not been downgraded. This is Next-gen.

No matter what the circumstances, the Sony Playstation 3 is very quite. It was left on for a couple of hours because I didn't even notice that it was on.

Controller 10/10
If you like the Dualshock controller, then this controller will be your best friend. It is more sensitive and has a more comfortable feel. The motion is a nice addition, and I don't even notice that the rumble is gone.

Online Capabilities 9/10
There need to be some changes, but there isn't really anything bad. If you like Xbox Live, then you're in for a treat. And it's free!!!

Games 10/10
So many games to look forward to: Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6, Killzone 3, a Naughty Dog Project, Unreal Tournament 2007, Warhawk, Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, MotorStorm, Lair, and much more. No matter what genre of games is your favorite, there will be games for you. I buy a console for it's game, the the Playstation 3 delivers.

There really is no reason not to get a Playstation 3 now, except that it will be cheaper in the future. Once MotorStorm and Lair come out in the Spring, that is an ideal time to buy a PS3 if you haven't already. The games keep on coming and coming. The hardware is powerful and nearly flawless.

The next level of gaming is here!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/27/06