Review by dcgeek

"The surface is barely scratched and 360 is going down!"

People say that it is just the same as a PSP. But you have to look deeper than that. We are talking about hardware not software. And the Hardware is good enough for the United States super computer that keeps all of the military's nuclear warheads in check. Only difference is that it uses 13,000 PlayStation 3 cell processors instead of nine.

Now what can make the hard ware confusing is the different consoles. But all of them are reliable. The 20gb can play most ps2 and 1 games and has all of the feature of the other ones including blu-ray disc. The 40gb has must all features except ps2 back wards capability and media storage devices. Only one it supports is usb. The 60gb, in my opinion is the best. I plays all ps2 and 1 games and has all features. The 80gb has the most memory and plays most ps2 games.

Like I said all ps3's are realizable. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice than having your ps3 break. The chance of it breaking is .2 percent. Less than a percent! And not to get off topic or anything but the Xbox 360 is 33%. I have heard stories of people putting it in water, and I mean soaking it in water, pulling it out let it dry and it will still work! It may seem big but that is because of what it is capable of. And it will not over heat. You can leave it on for days on end and it will still work. And even if it is going to over heat the green light will turn yellow warning you and soon turn off automatically if you ignore it. Also the blu-ray disks are scratch resistant. A special coating is on each and every one of them to keeping them from scratching. SONY did their homework with this one in order to make it flawless. Microsoft rushed theirs and will pay the price in the near future.

Now for my favorite. The cell processor. Best of its kind. And in order to come up on top SONY will have to show that cell processing power and blu-ray matter to games. And when you have games like Metal Gear Solid 4 you need it. It takes up every bit of blu-ray's 50gb dual layer disk but only 30% of ps3's cell processor. Showing how much the ps3 is capable of in the future. The best game on 360 has already taken up 100% of what it is capable of. And MGS4 still looks better than that game. Now you may be asking, “Well why do games that are on both systems look better on 360 than ps3 most of the time.” Well it can get confusing but here is the simple answer. When 3rd party game designers put games on both ps3 and 360 ps3 suffers. What happens is they put the game on 360 first and then just transfer it to ps3. And when this happens the game will look better on 360 because of multiple reasons. One is that 360 games are on a normal DVD. Not capable of High Def. So they are just transferring standard definition to a HD disc (blu-ray). And it will look better on 360 because all it has to do is use its DVD unconverter to make it as clear as HD. However the ps3 will use its blue laser to try to display it in HD. Not upconvert it to HD. The ps3 has a DVD upconverter but since it is on blu-ray it doesn't think that it is in Standard Definition. Now this problem could be fixed by just remaking it and recoding it for the ps3 and then it would be better than ps3. But they would lose money this way and to them it doesn't matter and then we, the consumer, pay the price. So that explains it. The ps3 has the ability to go 10 years into the future. And so once technology catches up to the ps3's cell processor the line between gaming and reality will be blurred and ps3 will be dominating. Just be patient and you will see. Some call it hype. But it only seems that way at the moment.

Don't say I didn't warn you. If you get a 360 you will regret it. I didn't metion the wii because a console like that has 1 maybe 2 years left. Sure the wii has motion controlling but so does the ps3. It is called SIXAXIS. And it may be hard at first but you will get the hang of it. It uses an emotion engine not heat sensing like the wii. It allows it to become and extintion of you body. Sometimes you don't have to move the controller. It can sense when you move another parts of your body. It is weird. And it can tell when you are meaning to do it or not. There is only so much I can write and I recommend doing more research. If you want you can wait a few years and wait and see how things play out. But I recommend buying on today or saving up to get one. Especially if you have a HDTV. You will love blu-ray. Don't forget you HDMI cable though. And remember, the future is blu, blu-ray.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/23/08

Game Release: PlayStation 3 (US, 11/17/06)