Question from CliffJumper501

How do I beat Azazel...?

... the lord of the guard. I can block his moves easy enough (cept for his laser), but do you have to attack right before and right after he attacks or is there some trick to this beast?

NeoGenesisXG2 answered:

To beat Azazel, you need patience, preferably a fast character, and you need to block. You can easily spam alot of quick punches or left-right combos, but Azazel can block most attacks while standing (without moving if you notice), and sometimes he can block while attacking which will cause him to hit you, and it'll hurt! Block all of the attacks (except the laser which you have to duck), and after he finishes, you have an opening to attack him during his closing frames. Easiest way to do this is to abuse the neutral guard, or if that's turned off, learn how to block all of his attacks including the ones with the scarabs. Just be aware of low attacks! Also, if you're far away from him, learn to sidestep, and then try to get closer. Use patience, and you'll have one dead Egyptian frozen monkey dog looking demon!
7 2

Answers

ManicMike1 answered:

The best way to beat him is with straight punches. pick a fast character with good punches.block until you can get close to him. You can only damage him while he is attacking. So get in close and keep pressing square . if you have a fast character you will hit him before he hits you.
0 4

SuperiorXIII answered:

Left right combo over and over again. He's kinda slow so a quick left right will hit him again and again.
1 4

I_am_Tetsuo answered:

It has to be a counter hit or he does a move that leaves him wide open.
0 4

sNsKid answered:

You should try going for a counterattack when you don't see those "butterfly" like things floating around in front of him.
0 4

PlunkyMcFadden answered:

Just to add a little bit to the previous comments, I've noticed that Azazel tends to backdash right after a fast 1,2 combo so with faster characters 1,2, forward dash, repeat can be effective.
2 3

Vehrens answered:

Personally I have RP+LP Set as my R1 Button and with most characters that usually is a decent enough hit and usually pretty fast as well...
Just make sure that if you knock him down you want to guard when he gets back up...
ive found that if I can land the first counter hit in the fight I can usually just control the fight for the better part at least...
I actually got a Perfect in the Arena with Xiaoyu using just RP+LP over and over... was something I didn't expect from Xiaoyu (my least favorite and worst character)
0 4

haroonwali answered:

To beat Azazel you have to have some patience if you don't succeed at first. Also give him a taste of his own medicine, cheapness. Pick the fastest character, I chose Lee because of his low kicks and just defend until he's open and knock him over. Once that happens just keep whamming at him while he's flying in the air, basically just like what he does to you. Took me awhile but finally got it after I learned the trick on how to do it. :D
0 4

hanzo758 answered:

Use lots of low attacks
0 3

PhoenixZavior answered:

This is a juggle orientated game, so it shouldn't surprise you when I tell you that all you have to do is hit him with a fast launcher as a counter and juggle the crap out of him. Because Azazel is so large, it's easy to hit him with those juggles that normally wouldn't work in a real battle, so feel free to exploit those crazy unrealistic juggles.
2 1

I_am_Tetsuo answered:

Azazel doesn't get hit unless it's a counter hit or he was finishing a move. Make sure it's a hit that you can juggle him from. I only need 4-5 combos to kill him. And PhoenixZavior is right juggle possibilities with Azazel is unrealistic so stuff that normally wouldn't work does now.
0 2

KuraudoKiller answered:

The easiest way for me was Ganryu.LP,RP,LP,RP,LP,LP,RP,LP,RP,LP,LP,RP,LP,RP,LP
He hits many hits and very fast.
2 3

Tsuna_AW answered:

Learn some juggles for the character you are using.
As PhoenixZavior has stated. You can check youtube for juggle vids that will teach you.
0 2

adriane23 answered:

I've beaten Azazel with every character (except Lars and Alisa of course) in the Arena with low attacks to knock him down and juggle him. When he warps either block or try to get behind him when he comes down.
0 2

dumpling9999 answered:

My personal advice; use devil jin.

When Azazel is on the ground, there is a chance that he might appear for the sky and perform some sort of drop on you. Use devil jin's laser (up forward 1+2) continuously to juggle him. this will take at least a quarter of his life in one successful attempt, and is fool proof.(provided you don't get hit by the leaping attack)
1 1

tgseraph answered:

With every character, go to the command list and look for a string with 3 or 4 attacks. Use that.

His ability to block and attack at the same time only works in the first few frames of his moves. So with a 3 or 4 hit attack, one of your later hits will stop his attack.

Playing like he's a regular character and attempts at one hit launchers will only serve to aggravate you if he blocks your one move and retaliates. I'm not saying it can't be done. It took me 20 tries with hwoarang trying to fight him "normally" (I even thought of throwing my controller at the screen) then I figured out that using a regular string attack killed him. I then proceeded to beat him with every character of the game using this method.
0 1

MrGawn answered:

There are WAY too many characters to attempt to learn, especially when you are trying to go thru the game pretty quickly.. a 'noob' answer to this question is simple...

1-Set the game to easy (i like to think these increases my chances).
2-pick anyone random character....
3- hold forward (toward Azazel), and basically do some type of sequence which is an alternating of Left Punch and Right Punch, sometimes hit both LP and RP at the same time, sometimes tap forward twice.... (for Hworang, Baek, Christine, Eddy you should probably alternate kicks instead)

basically this strategy is frantically swinging at Azazel until he dies.
i find this works for a good number of characters on this game, and is a basically simple strategy to beating the game in a quicker manner....

there are some where this strategy does not work tho
- kuma/panda
- Dragonov, etc
0 0

How do I beat (AZAZEL)? Open nova_12
Is there anybody that can beat ME???? Open brziramo
How do I beat nancy ? Answered Mavadolp
How do I beat Alisa? Open White92Phoenix
Why cant i beat the sumos? Answered ccl18bball