Review by Fenderligher

"This is true next gen"

This game is the meaning of next gen. The entire thing was epic, it really left me wanting more. Most games can't hold my attention for very long, the characters, the story, the combat, just the game itself is of superb quality. I'm glad I bought this game, and did not rent it.. This game is in no way short, because the story engulfs you, you wont even realize the true length of the game.

We've been waiting for a title like this, the devs have been throwing pure crap at us for the past 2 years. I own both a ps3 and a 360, and I get my dosage of the Wii at a friends house. I've played all of the latest releases, and none have kept my attention like Heavenly Sword. I don't mean to bash anyone's favorite game, we're all entitled to our own opinion. On with the review:

Game play: 10/10

Absolutely flawless, watching as Nariko sways through the air slashing the heavenly sword about. The combos are endless, you have your scripted ones, but if you are creative, you can make your own. This is not a stated feature, it's something I discovered while playing. Not once did I find a hiccup while playing.

Again, flawless. It is of the utmost quality, just as I said for lair. Slashing the sword about and hearing it whistle through the air, the clank of the chains on the sword as you hear 20+ enemies scream at once. The voice overs are a work of art, only once have I been this intrigued by a game series, and that is by Metal Gear Solid.

Epic, just Epic. I wont say much here, as this is the point of this game. Let's just say you will feel for each character as if you knew them personally. Especially Kai, and Roach.

Control: 10/10

Not much to be said here other than it could not have been done any other way. The lack of jump button doesn't bother me one bit, because when you play this game, you realize that it just wouldn't fit in.

Overall 10/10

A true masterpiece, a true next gen title. This title got a lot of heat for being a GOW rip off, it is in no way a rip off. I've played GOW, and as of right now, Nariko is a much better character than Kratos. This game has one of the best stories next to the MGS series in my opinion. Bravo Ninja Theory, Next to Kojima Productions, you are my favorite game developer.

I hope this review has helped you in your decision to either rent and play, or hopefully buy and play.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/19/07

Game Release: Heavenly Sword (US, 09/12/07)