Question from Terrenius

How do I beat the Chapter 9 Boss?

My wife and I have both scoured the net for advice or a trick in how to beat this thing. I've lost countless times. Anybody have any idea how to beat this thing? It's driving me crazy! I've never had this problem in an FF gave before in my life!

Terrenius provided additional details:

Bart Andrews, yes that's him.
I don't have any problem with the four heads,
I have every problem with #$%&* Death Tounuruto or whatever the heck it's supposed to be called.
Get the bloody thing to almost breaking? Desutounaruto. Finally get your ass back from the brink of death? Desutounaruto. Survive long enough to launch an attack again? Desutounaruto with a time limit that ends in death!
Is there a trick to this? I just don't see how it's even vaguely fair. My characters aren't maxed out, but I don't see how a handful of HP or a few more points of Magic attack are going to make much of a difference...
So bloody frustrating.
There's always a trick to these things, I just can't seem to figure it out.
Lightning can't even turtle when I know that attack is coming. She just hangs out and waits to get spanked.

Etherstream answered:

When he starts charging his really big hit, switch to 2x Blaster, 1x Attacker and if you do enough damage to the boss he will do 50% damage on that attack making it do 700-800 damage range making it very easy to live through. I generally swapped to 2x Healer afterwards to get healed back fast. I don't think I was ever close to getting killed in that boss fight granted it took a while.

If I did it again (I think you have char swap at this point?) I'd go Lightning, Hope, Sazh. Sazh's enhancer has the +Damage buffs (whereas Hope has +defense buffs on his enhancer) and if I recall right Hope has the -Defense debuffs for his Jammer. This fight is just a long one, nothing is particular risky if you damage him enough to get the 50% laser (without buffs and all 3 on the offensive it was never close to getting the full hit off anyways though).

Oh and Libra on all faces and boss helps to finish them quicker so the NPC's will attack the weaknesses of each face, they all have 1 element they are weak against!
0 0

Answers

kogarashi_13 answered:

Assuming you mean BARUTOANDERUSU (any ideas on what this is meant to be? :s ), I managed this one (just tonight, actually), with Lightning, Snow, and Vanilla. Mostly it was a matter of having Vanilla (healer) heal, while Lightning and Snow (attacker and blaster) took out the 4 side faces one by one. If I started falling behind on the healing, I could switch Snow to defender (but keep attacking with Lightning to maintain the chain), and I'd switch Vanilla over to jammer (with Lightning healing) if the faces had too many buffs on them (they often have haste and faith on them).

Once they were done, it was just a matter of slowly chipping the main part down. With Vanilla constantly healing, I didn't have much problem surviving, but it took a while (especially given his big nasty attack resets the chain bonus/break).

Hope that helps, and good luck with downing the ugly beast!
0 1

masterdonyc answered:

After you finished wacking the 4 faces, which I believe is fairly easy (each of different elemental), the main head will be breakable. Basically, it's a time race. If you can break it before he uses the reset skill, he will break and stop using that skill for some time and you can do massive damage. When hes charging, you may wan to do a healer healer blast to fully heal yourself and den do a Atk Blast Blast to make him halfway to his gauge. In the end, its just how you manage your Optimal.

* you can survive 1 massive damage by summoning odin right when hes about to fire. Lightning will die but the Odin will revive her, though that ends the summon. Heck, Odin deals nothing much.
0 1

saphka answered:

Did this with Lightning, Snow, and Hope. Equipped 2 +HP accessories on Lightning and had Hope keep defensive buffs up and switched Snow to Defender during the lightning charges. Lightning would usually live with about 300hp, and Snow would be unphased, leaving just a quick revive for Hope to get back into the fight. Using Odin to negate 1 of the blasts works too, right before the blast you can activate drive mode and the attack will miss you entirely.
0 0