Question from vtenorio

All missions done, no Long gui or Shaolong ?

So,

They are not showing up... I did every mission, titan's trials, ataccus, circle formation stones and nothing of them what am I missing?

vtenorio provided additional details:

I did, I already won the trophy for 5 stars in every mission

vtenorio provided additional details:

I thought I had, but they were kind of mixed, adamantortoises and long guis walking across pulse... after beating the first there is only guis now...

vtenorio provided additional details:

don't even remember seing one adamantoise with broken tusks, but it is ok... the guis already spawned... the only thing is that there's still a normal adamantortoise running across pulse (I thought they would be completely substituted)... but no problem at att

Absolute_Me asked for clarification:

How many missions are there?

Hadien answered:

So far the answers given are all incorrect. to make the Long Gui and Shaolong Gui appear you need to complete the 7 missions that are positioned in a ring. It is not required to beat mission 63 or mission 64 as I have gotten them to spawn just fine before ever starting those missions. After you beat all 7 of those missions you need to leave The Archylte Steppe and return for them to actually spawn.

Even after completing this requirement there will still be one Adamantoise left wandering the field. but the rest of the turtles will be Long Gui/Shaolong Gui. Long Gui look very, very similar to the original Adamantoise out on the field. The only distinguishing feature is that the Long Gui have is just a "slightly more" blue hue to their skin. so you could just easily mistaking a long gui as an Adamantoise.

If you ever want to fight the other, weaker turtle variants theres an Adamantoise that appears in Eden and one on Pulse, you can always fight an Adamantortoise (broken tusks) in mission 63 and you can fight Adamanchelid in Mission 33
2 0

Answers

IMASIANMANG answered:

Did you finish Mission 63 (Adamantortoise)? They don't appear until you accept it.
1 1

Sasquatch8080 answered:

I have yet to take mission 63 and they appeared for me (have to go back and get it). I believe once you finish the circle, they start to appear in Gran Pulse. If they are not showing up for you after that, then I have no clue and you must have a glitch.
1 3

Noctis5 answered:

Beat the king adamantoise, that's not mission mode, the sleeping one w/ the broken tusks.
1 2

ALB7RY answered:

So in order for Long gui or Shaolong appear on the map you need to finishe mission 63 only or all the missions must be finished.
1 2

vozome answered:

double check that all your missions are completed. You definitely need all the missions of the circle, and it is likely that you need titan's trials as well (which you'll need to do anyway if you're aiming for platinum trophy).
If you happen to maintain several saved games (which makes getting some advanced trophies much easier) it's very easy to overlook one mission. Make sure they are all done in the game you are playing.
1 1

BlackRoseVale answered:

Make sure the circle of stones are completed, leave the Steppe and return. They should now be transformed into Shaolong Gui and Long Gui.
1 2

UnknownFate answered:

Once the ring of Cie'th stones has been completed Long and Shao long guis will spawn in place of most of the admantortoise and adamanchelied on Gran Pulse.

There should be one roaming Adamantortoise left and (i think) one roaming adamanchelied.

The two Adamanchelied next to treaure orbs become Shao long Gui as do the three in the inlet with the sleeping Long Gui's

The "King" that was mentioned is the stationary one with the wolves (Gorgonopsieds) in front
2 1

Doomrider56 answered:

There will always be 1 Adamantortoise after you beat Mission 63 its next to the save point i believe its near the east part of gran pulse and everything else will be long gui's and shaolong gui's
1 1

danveti answered:

To get them to appear you have to complete the 'secret mission' - mission 64 - Vercingetorix
(Bhakti talks about this - Bhakti's Byte number 8 "Complete a top-secret mission on the Archylte Step and new varieties of earth shakers may emerge").
The Cie'th stone is located on the end of the rusty bridge in Oerba (where you fought Barthandelus before returning to cocoon). To unlock it you need to have completed Missions 27 and 51 (complete the Titan's trials basically). Vercingetorix is located is in the Paddraean Archaeopolis, right next to the Cie'th stone for mission 7. This guy is pretty tough so I would recommend saving before you fight him, so you don't have to go all the way back to the bridge to reactivate the mission.
Once complete, the Long Gui's and Shaolong Gui's all appear. Happy farming!
(if you have any drama's taking him down in time to get 5 stars, have a look at Auron402's 5-Star Mission Guide - it has some awesome tips that will pretty much guarantee 5 stars with very little effort)
I hope that helps!
1 1

dragonloverlord answered:

You need to finish mission 63 and the rest as well.
0 0