Question from vinyy67

How do I beat (Mission 51)?

I've been searching the answers section for a while, but haven't found anything that helps, because most of the answers involve characters that I haven't bothered upgrading.
Here's my party, equipment, etc.

Lightning, Fang, Hope

Paradigms:
SYN/SAB/SYN
MED/MED/MED
SEN/SEN/MED
COM/COM/COM
RAV/RAV/RAV
XXX/XXX/XXX

Equipment:
Light:
Ultima Weapon (w/ quick stag)
Warriors Wristband lv 1
Diamond bangle lv 21
Energy sash
Sprint Shoes

Fang:
Venus Gospel
Platinum Bangle lv 1
Power glove lv 1
Connoisseur catalog

Hope:
Eagleton
diamond bangle lv 18
imperial armlet lv 1
Entite ring (star)

So, can anyone help me out?

vinyy67 provided additional details:

Also, for their crystarium:

Light:
COM lv 5
RAV lv 4
SEN lv 1
SYN lv 1
MED lv 4

Fang:
COM lv 4
RAV lv 1
SEN lv 5
SAB lv 4
MED lv 1

Hope:
COM lv 1
RAV lv 4
SAB lv 1
SYN lv 4
MED lv 5

vinyy67 provided additional details:

I tried out the strategy, but it took way too long. He ended up casting doom, and he still had 3 million life left.

vinyy67 provided additional details:

Nevermind, after trying again, I finally got it. I just had to get his stagger gauge to around 550%.

PowercalledIam answered:

Ok, this should be doable with these characters, although Hope is a little squishy. You should make Hope your leader. Give everyone as much physical defense gear as possible (your weapons are fine), and make sure Lightning both has Nimbletoe Boots equipped and knows the Elude ability for the Sentinel role. Use a Fortisol before you get to the battle, and you should be ready. Your Paradigms should be as follows:

(Hope/Fang/Lightning)
Syn/Sab/Sen
Rav/Rav/Sen
Com/Com/Sen
Med/Rav/Sen
Med/Com/Sen
Med/Sab/Sen

You'll notice that Lightning is your Sentinel, and remains your Sentinel through the entire battle. This is because Nimbletoe Boots + Elude = invincibility through near-perfect dodging (also useful against Zirnitras, I've found). Second, you might be wondering why Hope is your party leader. That's because you'll want to be controlling him as a Synergist manually to reduce time taken with that Paradigm. Since Lightning should be soaking all damage for you, you can get by with casting Haste on everyone, Bravery on Fang, and Faith on Hope. Protect and Shell are bonuses, especially for Lightning, if you have extra time before the debuffs take hold.

At the start of the battle, you should have the Fortisol active, so use Libra, then buff with Hope until Fang has cast Deprotect and Deshell on Atticus. Then switch to Rav/Rav/Sen, and use that until the chain gauge is between 200-400 (probably 300+, given the strength of your party). Switch between other Paradigms every other round to refill your ATB gauge. That way you can heal, reapply buffs/debuffs, or get a Commando hit in if you find the chain gauge is draining too fast (although the Sab hits work almost as well).

Once the chain gauge is high enough, switch to primarily using Com/Com/Sen to start dealing more damage. When he pulls out his second sword, he will also be vulnerable to Slow, so make sure that he stays slowed for the rest of the battle, too.

Once you get into the swing of things, this battle is basically just a long grind. Keep your HP up, keep all buffs and debuffs applied, and just grind away until he finally kicks it.
0 0

Mission 7 question - what happens after you beat this mission? Answered pchimmy
How do I beat mission 22? Answered Rizaadon007
How do I beat mission 62? Open jonny41177
How do I beat mission 64? Answered Domination645
How do I beat mission 62, pre-endgame? Answered teaspoon16