How do I beat (Mission 51)?

1. I've been searching the answers section for a while, but haven't found anything that helps, because most of the answers involve characters that I haven't bothered upgrading.
    Here's my party, equipment, etc.

Lightning, Fang, Hope

Paradigms:
    SYN/SAB/SYN
    MED/MED/MED
    SEN/SEN/MED
    COM/COM/COM
    RAV/RAV/RAV
    XXX/XXX/XXX

Equipment:
    Light:
    Ultima Weapon (w/ quick stag)
    Warriors Wristband lv 1
    Diamond bangle lv 21
    Energy sash
    Sprint Shoes

Fang:
    Venus Gospel
    Platinum Bangle lv 1
    Power glove lv 1
    Connoisseur catalog

Hope:
    Eagleton
    diamond bangle lv 18
    imperial armlet lv 1
    Entite ring (star)

So, can anyone help me out?

User Info: vinyy67

vinyy67 - 5 years ago
    Also, for their crystarium:

Light:
    COM lv 5
    RAV lv 4
    SEN lv 1
    SYN lv 1
    MED lv 4

Fang:
    COM lv 4
    RAV lv 1
    SEN lv 5
    SAB lv 4
    MED lv 1

Hope:
    COM lv 1
    RAV lv 4
    SAB lv 1
    SYN lv 4
    MED lv 5

User Info: vinyy67

vinyy67 - 5 years ago
    I tried out the strategy, but it took way too long. He ended up casting doom, and he still had 3 million life left.

User Info: vinyy67

vinyy67 - 5 years ago
    Nevermind, after trying again, I finally got it. I just had to get his stagger gauge to around 550%.

User Info: vinyy67

vinyy67 - 5 years ago

1. Ok, this should be doable with these characters, although Hope is a little squishy. You should make Hope your leader. Give everyone as much physical defense gear as possible (your weapons are fine), and make sure Lightning both has Nimbletoe Boots equipped and knows the Elude ability for the Sentinel role. Use a Fortisol before you get to the battle, and you should be ready. Your Paradigms should be as follows:

(Hope/Fang/Lightning)
    Syn/Sab/Sen
    Rav/Rav/Sen
    Com/Com/Sen
    Med/Rav/Sen
    Med/Com/Sen
    Med/Sab/Sen

You'll notice that Lightning is your Sentinel, and remains your Sentinel through the entire battle. This is because Nimbletoe Boots + Elude = invincibility through near-perfect dodging (also useful against Zirnitras, I've found). Second, you might be wondering why Hope is your party leader. That's because you'll want to be controlling him as a Synergist manually to reduce time taken with that Paradigm. Since Lightning should be soaking all damage for you, you can get by with casting Haste on everyone, Bravery on Fang, and Faith on Hope. Protect and Shell are bonuses, especially for Lightning, if you have extra time before the debuffs take hold.

At the start of the battle, you should have the Fortisol active, so use Libra, then buff with Hope until Fang has cast Deprotect and Deshell on Atticus. Then switch to Rav/Rav/Sen, and use that until the chain gauge is between 200-400 (probably 300+, given the strength of your party). Switch between other Paradigms every other round to refill your ATB gauge. That way you can heal, reapply buffs/debuffs, or get a Commando hit in if you find the chain gauge is draining too fast (although the Sab hits work almost as well).

Once the chain gauge is high enough, switch to primarily using Com/Com/Sen to start dealing more damage. When he pulls out his second sword, he will also be vulnerable to Slow, so make sure that he stays slowed for the rest of the battle, too.

Once you get into the swing of things, this battle is basically just a long grind. Keep your HP up, keep all buffs and debuffs applied, and just grind away until he finally kicks it.

User Info: PowercalledIam

PowercalledIam (Expert / FAQ Author) - 5 years ago 0 0