Question from Sefvrum

Is something wrong with my game?

I have a CE of Resident Evil 5.

Whenever I sign into PSN and run the game, it doesn't load up the game. But, when I don't sign in it loads up. Also, if I do sign into PSN during the game when it asks me if I want to sign in and I sign in, it stops working, like it just keeps loading up with the thingy spinning in the upper right corner. Or, if I press the PS button and try to get back in to the game pressing the PS button again, it does the same thing, it just keeps loading up.

I am able to play the game(I beat it already), but if I either sign in or press the PS button, it stops working.

Could anyone tell me what might be the problem and/or what I can do to solve it?

Sefvrum provided additional details:

To blackheart6270, I am able to use the internet and log into PSN and enter it, but the problem is that the game won't work with me signed into PSN and whenever I am in the XMB menu during the game.

Thank you for giving me a tip though.

syberspunk asked for clarification::

I wasn't sure what you meant by CE. If you mean Collector's Edition, I also have a the Collector's Edition of RE5 for the PS3. I do not have the problems you are describing. I can play while logged in, and I can sign on while playing (if I start playing when signed off, but I usually am always signed on).

Do you have this problem with any other game that has online play? In other words, does this problem *only* happen with your copy of RE5? Or does it happen for any game that has online play?

If so, then it could be a problem with your PS3 or your PSN ID. Create another account on your console, set up a new PSN ID, and see if you still have problems. If you do, then it is most likely a problem with your console. If not, then it may be a specific issue with your PSN ID. Either way, you should call Sony about it. Maybe your PSN ID has been banned for some reason?

If you can play other online games fine, with no problem then if possible, I would test your disc on another friend's PS3, to see if it still happens. At least then, you would confirm if it is the disc. Another test would be to find a friend who has their own copy of RE5, who doesn't have your problems, and test his copy in your console. If you can go online fine then, it is definitely a problem with your disc. Try to return/exchange it wherever you bought it from, or failing that, contact Capcom. They should be able to replace your disc.

Answers

blackheart6270 answered:

Okay, try this, did u try going into the Network Setting then scroll down to the internet connection settings if u didn't u need to do it.Then start it up & it'll ask u: If u peform Internet connection settings, the system will disconnected.Do u want to continue? Select yes,then it'll bring up Select a setting method & select easy, then it'll start searching the network for the best connection & when it's finished, it'll say:Press the X button to save settings, Settings List & under that it'll find Enabled Wired-connection or Wire-Less Connection,Auto-Detect,& 6 Automatics & press the X button to save it then it says Save completed under that Test Connection & start it & once start's it'll find the best connections then sign in & it works every time, so try it that way
0 0

bergerstack answered:

OKay Its either your game or your system because thats not normal also if all else fails they should replace ure disc or fix it mmkay :D glad to help ( if i did)
0 1

cheynz answered:

Maybe your internet connection isn't strong enough, I have this problem with my wireless connection if my signal strength is low, although if you press the PS button it could be because your system is loading something that takes a while like a lot of movies or images, I got that to. So maybe your memory is low or internet connection is a little weak is my best guess.
0 1

Cakesguy answered:

I would agree with cheynz..... I have two routers in my house and sometimes have to go back and select the stronger signal of the two.....however, if it is only happening while playing RE5, it could be your system. How do you other online games stack up?
1 0