Review by slyfan926

"Fear you can't forget? Yeah, right (spoilers inside)"

Ah, Resident Evil 5. It was supposed to be the sequel to Resident Evil 4 but the guy assigned to that got fired. I remember the first time I played the demo and then got the game. However, I had to wait for three days to play it due to some technical problems. Well, that's the introduction, now the review!

Graphics- A huge improvement from Resident Evil 4. The enemies and characters are more detailed then RE4. The environment looks more realistic. The down side is that the areas are too bright (except for the Mines). The graphics get a positive from me.

Enemies- The Majini are like the Ganados which is bad. The chainsaw guy is much scarier and faster so there's something to look forward to. Lickers make their return and look the same from Resident Evil 2 but better graphics. Reapers are creepy as hell and you don't want to dream them when sleeping. Enemies get a so-so from me because some enemies are not even cool.

Puzzles- Annoying as ever. They remind me of RE4 puzzles. Its always get a "key" and insert it in some place then find out the next door is locked and you have to fight a boss etc. I really hate it because RE4 already pissed me off with their "easy" puzzles. I just want to go to Capcom and complain in their face! Ah, well, the puzzles are a huge negative for me!

Characters- Chris and Sheva are way better then Leon and Ashley. Sheva's AI is okay if you take care of her. Jill Valentine makes her return after she supposedly "died" previously. Albert Wesker also comes back from Resident Evil 4. We have new villians as well. We have Ricardo Irving, who is a pain in the ass. We also have Excella, Wesker's assistant. Sheva is the newest hero of the Resident Evil series and she is hot, in my opinion.

Mercenaries- Its back! The mini-game from Resident Evil 3 and 4 is back! Its so fun and stress-relieving! You could play this for hours and not get bored! The enemies will fear you as you blast their heads off with your shotgun, handgun, magnum or rifle. You have four character with different costumes.

Closing Notes- This review is short because I don't want to reveal more information for the game. Remember, this is an action game now with some survival horror razzle-dazzle here and there. It also has the "Where the hell did you come from?!" moments from RE4 so this is recommended for some shock here and there. Thank you for taking time in reading this review.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/30/09

Game Release: Resident Evil 5 (US, 03/13/09)