Review by zack125

"" A new Genesis is at hand, and I will be the creator! ""

Story

The story takes place five years after the events of Resident Evil 4. Chris Refield had joined the BSAA which is short for Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance. Their goal is to infiltrate and neutralize bio-terrorism hot spots, restoring safety and stability around various regions.

To be honest, I feel like the story was a disappointment. On my first playthrough, I had guessed certain events before they happened, which, in the end, turned out to be true. I think that's why I found it disappointing because the game took elements that we've already seen them before. Without spoiling too much, I'll give an example. One of my guesses I got right in the end was what happened after Jill's death.

Gameplay

As the game begins, you will notice something that hasn't been done since Resident Evil 0, which is a partner system. Your new partner in Resident Evil 5 is Sheva Alomar. I find this partnership a bit flawed. For starters, if Sheva is right behind you when there's an enemy to be neutralized, she will not move to your side. She will start shooting right at your back.

Another thing I find annoying is that, she will always stick with her handgun. Even when there's a big horde of zombies, she'll stick with her handgun. A stronger foe, she sticks with her handgun.

Although, there is something I like about her. Her aim is always accurate which can be helpful in certain situations.

As for the gameplay itself, for those of you who have played Resident Evil 4 will feel comfortable with Resident Evil 5. Not much has changed here. You can upgrade your weapons as long as you have money and you can find and sell treasures for greater cash. One thing I really like in this game is that you aren't limited to a briefcase to hold your weapons. True, you are limited to nine spaces during your playthrough but you can deposit the rest of your weapons in a storage-ish (don't know how to call it, bear with me).

Graphics

Without a doubt, the graphics looks phenomenal. Everything is detailed perfectly. I have no complaints here.

Replayablity

Although this game isn't perfect or the best in the franchise, I still enjoy replaying Resident Evil 5 and I'm sure many of you will as well.

Overall

Even though it has flaws, Resident Evil is still playable. I know I haven't mentioned certain things like the mercenaries but I'll keep them out until a future update.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/26/10

Game Release: Resident Evil 5 (US, 03/13/09)