Review by Ding6

"Is it worth the price? Let's find out..."

So, I'm a fan of WipeOut, and this game it's not that good, and it is a little diferent... Let's see.

The graphics are powered by Unreal Engine, in overall, Koei Canada team came up with pretty decent graphics, the ships are awesome and detailed, the environments "some" are breathtaking, but, the Proving grounds tracks seems to be low on texture, and the sand it's too square. But I still think that deserves an 8!

The controls are extremely responsive, and that is one of the most important things in this type of games. In this game you start learning the basics, and then entering in competitions to Win, at first, sponsors/ships. After you get all 4 types of ships, you start earning more parts to costumize your ships, some parts are just for the looks, while others changes the skills of the ship, such as top speed and balancing. This let's you to create special ships for special events, and I really like the costumization in this game, it could be a lot better, but, all of the ships looks really cool! Oh yeah, you can change the paints too, and you can use decals too, these are unlocked if you have the most battle points in an event.

Weapons: 8/10
Weapons in this type of racing games plays a long role! Well, while in WipeOut you have lethal weapons such as bombs and mines, here you have non-lethal weapons such as magnet balls! It's like, you launch it to an enemy, not only slow it down, but, after like, 7 seconds, it explodes, damaging an enemy if he doesn't take it off by doing a roll. The boost here is a rocket, if you use it on you, you take a boost, if you use it on an enemy, it makes a boost in another direction than foward! And you have more 3/4 weapons, all of them have their own unique strategy!

Online: 7/10
The online it's like splitscreen, but better. The only diference is that you can compete with others 7 players to make a total of 8. You can race in any track and use your own costumized ship, and a single player rank is shown at the side of your name.

Considering that this is a PS Store game at 20 (Europe), it is pretty complete and really decent game. It's not that hard, you just need to create the right ship, and, you Win. There is no trophies, but, there is achievements, when you complete some of them, you unlock more costum parts for your ship!

For me, it is worth the money! I don't think that the game it's that long, but, if you want to hit perfection, there is a lot to unlock!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/17/08

Game Release: Fatal Inertia EX (EU, 07/15/08)