Review by TrueGamer104

"Fresh."

A fresh new start.

While the playstation 3 is getting warmed up with many upcoming titles and future releases, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is one game that can stand alone! And if it's any reason whatsoever to purchase a ps3, this game is that sole reason. While it brings many things to the table it is indeed a fresh start. Don't get me wrong, certain aspects of the game reminded me of many that came before this title but don't let that fool you, Uncharted packs alot of surprises and is a game to be cherished for a long time to come.

A game that plays like a movie.

Honestly, it didn't even feel like I was playing a game, it was more like a saturday night movie that you really get into. You asume the role of Nathan, a treasure hunter by trade who packs more up his sleeve than cotton. A treasure found more than 400 years old leads Nathan (and a few other memorable characters) on a journey for the fabled treasure of El Dorado. Your search leads you to interesting locales on an island with many secrets and a whole lot to explore.

Gameplay.

The flow of the game is picked up almost immediately. Seeing how fluid Nathan moves through the environments is jaw dropping. As you uncover many secrets you can search for treasures and the treasures.....well, I don't want to reveal to much here. Many baddies stand in your path and while you can melee, there are firearms. The way the inventory system was made reminded me of manhunt. Everything you carry you can see on your persons so you aren't packing a bazooka in your back pocket if you know what I mean. The gunplay and hand to hand combat system works out great! Also, while you search your environments you must solve puzzles and climb ruins (think of prince of persia).

Graphics.

What can I say, they are absolutely beautiful. Probably the best I have seen so far on the PS3, a game which shows the power of this system. Everything from sun shining through jungle plants to the water is absolutely unreal! I got a kick out of the fact that when you jump in water you look soaked. Many fantastic details and the graphics are smooth! No pop-ups, no frame-rate issues and it's very solid.

Controls.

One word.....Fluid. Okay well two.....responsive. That should say it all. You will be picking up these controls right from the start.

Sound.

Sound effects and music are top notch. Much of the music is orchestrated making it feel even more like a movie that you can play.

Game length and replay value.

The game took me about 8-10 hours. Now don't freak out! many of you think that it really short but the quality of this game is very hard to match. Everything unfolds perfectly and it was a wonderful experience. A game can be 40 hours and if it was great it would still have been to short so think about that. There are many many things to unlock..a couple of play throughs are in order.

Buy or rent?

Buy you cannot pass a great game like this up...like I said...the perfect reason to buy a ps3.

-Happy Gaming!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/01/08

Game Release: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (US, 11/16/07)