Review by metalgear-solid

"Best PS3 exclusive yet!"

To be even more honest, I wasn't even that interested in Uncharted to begin with.

But I eventually decided to pick this one up based on the good reviews it got and after playing it for a couple of hours, I can easily say this was one of the best investments I have made in a long time. This is as close to a cinematic gaming experience you will ever find. The production values are off the chart! Right from the very first scene, the characters, the music, and the unbelievable graphics will simply immerse you into the world of Uncharted. I know this sounds cliche, but you really feel like you're right there with those characters, and you can't help but grow attached to them.

The gameplay mechanics are also spot on. Think of it as sort of an amalgamation of Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia along with the duck and cover technique used in Gears of War. And believe me, it works great! You NEVER feel like you need to be facing a ledge at exactly the right angle to avoid plummeting to your death. You can take leaps of faith and more often than not, Drake will grab onto a ledge or vine and you'll keep on moving. And this level of fluidity is what keeps the pace of the game in line with the pace of the story.

The music is also breathtaking and wouldn't be out of place in any big-budget Hollywood production. From what I hear, it's provided by the same person who created the music for Firefly. The graphics are so insanely good, that you'll find yourself constantly picking your jaw up from the floor. If you jump in the water, your clothes get wet and dry over time. Lighting and shadow effects are for lack of a better word, REAL. And the motion captured actors and their voice overs are the best I've ever seen.

After having played Half Life 2: Orange Box, Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed and Super Mario Galaxy, THIS is the game that I chose to write a review for, so that should give you an idea of just how much I love this game. I haven't even finished the damn thing and I'm already waiting for a sequel. Alright enough rambling, GO BUY THIS GAME and think no longer! That is all.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/02/08

Game Release: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (EU, 12/07/07)