Review by snypr318

"A “Classic” for the PS3"

I will get straight to it, BUY THIS GAME! I have heard and seen many speculations about the enjoyment of this game, but these people are the hardcore gamers who look for competition in video games not pure enjoyment. If you are reading this you are probably not one of those people because if you were you would be reading about this game from fellow hardcores not an everyday person. I am not saying that hardcore gamers cannot play this, just that the ones who give this game a bad grade fall into that category. So if you are that casual gamer then this game is for you. The controls are easy to get used to, the story line is great, graphics are phenomenal, and there are no complex special abilities to learn about.

Gameplay (10/10)

One of the most enjoyable games I've played, EVER. The story is like a movie and it just hooks you in, the medal system keeps you playing, and the graphics have you staring at the screen in awe. The controls are very easy to learn and work with. Although the game gets really tough at times, especially in the hardest mode, you never spend more than an hour trying to get past a part. Games are supposed to be challenging at times, you shouldn't be able to breeze through the game on your first time through and that's exactly what Uncharted brings, not too hard and not too easy.

Story (10/10)

It might as well be a movie from Hollywood. A very realistic story line with everyday characters that anybody can connect with. There are many twists and turns to the plot line and you just want to know what's going to happen next.

Graphics (10/10)

One of the best graphics out there. Enough said.

Sound (10/10)

The soundtrack definitely fits in with the story and the situations. Gun shots are crisp and even the small details like the creaking of a door are there.

Replayability (9/10)

Only fault is the lack of online play, but I'm not too sure if it would have fit in with the game anyways. One play through takes about 9 hours but there are 4 difficulty modes and a bunch of unlockables and medals with corresponding trophies with the patch.

To give some final words on the game: Uncharted is definitely a game that belongs in your PS3 collection. Its graphics and story line are top notch which add to the enjoyment of the game. The story mode is the only mode in the game, but it's definitely a game that a casual gamer will want to come back to every few months to enjoy the scenery and relive the story. Uncharted will be one of those “classic” games remembered years later as one of the bests so my final verdict on the game is a PERFECT 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/09/09

Game Release: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (US, 11/16/07)