Question from crypto1372

Game session no longer exists, can't get invites?

Me and my friend are trying to play on party mode. At first, we'd get each other's invites and it'd say that the game session no longer exists, no matter who invited who. From what I've seen, it's a very common problem, but I still haven't found a straight answer yet. Now, we won't even get each other's invites. Multiplayer works just fine on Red Dead Redemption, it's just GTA.

Gaiagow answered:

This is a simple problem. If you have too many friends on your friends list, the invite will be delayed.

e.g. Your friend sends you an invite, 1 or 2 minutes later, you receive it. By the time you accept his invite, the lobby doesn't exist anymore because the match has already started.

This is caused by having a huge friends list. If you have 50+ friends. Your sent requests and received requests will be very slow. This is a bigger problem if you and your friend have huge friends lists.

Solution 1-Clean out your friends list. This is what I did and my invites are fine now. Still a bit slow, but fast enough for me.

Solution 2- Your friends can invite you after the match has started. Then you will join the match instead of the lobby which doesn't exist anymore. The problem with this solution is, when you come into a match, you will be forced on the team with the least players, or the team that is losing.
0 0