Question from DaUltmtGamr

I can't invite my friends to my online party. What am I doing wrong?

When i go to my phone and then friends i see all of my friends that are offline, all of my friends that are online (but not playing GTA 4), but i don't see any of my friends online that are playing GTA 4. I have checked (by hitting the ps button and sending them messages) that they are playing Gta 4 and are waiting for my invite but none of them are coming up on my list. What am i doing wrong?
By the way, they are able to invite me i just can't invite them.

DaUltmtGamr provided additional details:

"It should show all your friends on the phone that are playing GTA with some symbol next to their name" simply put, it doesn't. They can invite me but i can't invite them.

all the time (those being the ones i want to play with unfortunately) whether they are online playing GTA, offline ,or online playing other games. It seems like it is only showing certain friends because one day i asked all of the people showing up on my list but playing other games to put in GTA if they had it. One of them did and it showed up that i was able to invite them. BUT the people i actually want to play with aren't showing up AT ALL. By the way they connect with me on other games b/c i play COD5 online with them.

i didn't want to confuse any one but: it seems like i can't play with certian people(those being the ones i want to play with unfortunately), all the time, whether they are online playing GTA, offline ,or online playing other games. It seems like it is only showing certain friends because one day i asked all of the people showing up on my list but playing other games to put in GTA if they had it. One of them did and it showed up that i was able to invite them. BUT the people i actually want to play with aren't showing up AT ALL. By the way they connect with me on other games b/c i play COD5 online with them. what can i do to fix this?

IGNORE THE FIRST ADDITIONAL DETAILS-sorry

ThePostalDudeJr , it doesn't and thats the problem

Shambles90210 answered:

Nono don't quit the game or delete anyone. Easy fix I found since the game started; surprised nobody else knows this, lol.

Start a Party Mode; friends not showing up in your phone? Hit the XMB button, TRIANGLE on Account Management and SIGN-OUT. Your Party will immediately end and send you back to Single Player. Bring up your phone and go to MULTIPLAYER and it'll sign you in again. Party Mode it up and BAM your friends are there.

Basically, signout the PsN [ingame] and sign back in [ingame].
2 0

Answers

ThePostalDudeJr answered:

It should show all your friends on the phone that are playing GTA with some symbol next to their name
1 0

InfernoSD answered:

GTA IV (on PS3) multiplayer was designed with the original limit of being able to have only 50 friends. Since then, Sony updated the PSN to allow more, but R* never updated GTA. As a result, only the first 50 friends on your list will appear on your phone in-game. You'll have to delete some old "friends" if you want to invite the new ones. Or else you'll have to be contented to be invited by them.
1 2

Gaiagow answered:

I had this problem too. Turns out, if you have too many friends on your friends list (50+ friends). It takes a long time for GTA to find all of your online friends. I cleaned out my friends list to below 40 and it worked fine. It is still slow, but it takes about 20 minutes instead of hours.
0 1

TURBO-BURNER answered:

The thing is, This happenes most of the time when I am in GTA IV....
They are on the GTA Servers you may have to wait a while (about 10 min or so) to refresh the friends list
0 0