Question from xXBenji
Is it possible to hook up my ps3 without an ethernet cable?
And just with my wireless internet? I want to play online GTA IV but every time i go to multiplayer it says i need one. or can i adjust some settings on the ps3 to pikc up my wireless internet connection? please help.
Top Voted Answer
Yea dude, got to 'Settings' on the XMB bar, it's the one right next to 'Users', go all the way to the bottom, 'Network Settings', then down to 'Internet Connection Settings'. You should be able to get it from here. In order to make sure this will work: Have your PS3 relatively close to the wireless router, then just adjust the settings to favor your connection. You should be able to get it from here.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
Yes it is but u need a wireless router to do so
Easiest way to do it is:
1. Start Playstation
2. Scroll left to the 'Network Settings' (2nd to last option)
3. Scroll down to 'Internet Connection Settings' When you select this is will ask you Yes or No, say Yes
4. Select 'Easy'
4-B. Playstation will configure your Network Settings
5. Select 'Wireless'
6. Select 'Scan'
6-B. Playstation will search for available Networks
7. Select your Network from the list shown, when you do this it will take you to the next screen which will have that Network's name in a text box. DO NOT HIT X, but rather press Right on your Left Joystick or the D-Pad to move to the next screen
8. Select 'None'
8-B. Playstation will once agian configure your Network Settings
9. Press 'X' to save settings
10. Press 'X' again to run the Connection Test
11. All done. At this point you are now connected to your wireless router. This is the easiest way to get this done. Just so you know, I read this question and went upstairs and reconfigured mine and wrote down the steps as I went. If you follow these steps it should take no more than a couple of minutes.
Well, TheEndless, that is not always the case with ps3's after your ps3 had picked up the wireless router, you might need to enter a WPA key or a WEP key, enter your WPA/WEP key. if your wireless router does not have a security code, (WPA/WEP key) do not enter one. then carry on as TheEndless did
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|How to hook up to a semi trailler?||Open||Pat2525|
|GTA V ( SAVEGAME ) not working ?||Open||Rekord60|
|How long should "Installing data to hard disc drive" TAKE, anyway?!||Open||SallySmothers|
|Where can I find the prostitute "Lola Del Rio"?||Open||RageFire54449|
|Why does the game keep telling me 80030001?||Open||LoneWolf_Outlaw|