Review by corsegers1984

"Another great game but plagued by trolls"

As I stood in line at midnight in front of the game store, I was filled with expectation for Grand Theft Auto 4. To be honest I am still amazed while writing this review. Sure we all know that good games tend to feel limited because we can't get enough. Also, big hype around games tends to attract a lot of trolls who will say anything they can negative about the game; and by writing this review I know this will not change.

Graphics 10/10: The graphics in this game are just amazing. The entire Liberty City is rebuilt from the old GTA3 and boy does it look great. Just take it easy when you start up the game and enjoy a walk in the streets of Liberty City. Everything is so alive in this city. People have all different kinds of clothing styles as they sit at a pizzeria enjoying their meals; and I didn't even write about the nice view you get when you are flying above the city at night. I have never seen so much detail and passion put into a game by their designers as in GTA4.

Gameplay 9/10: If you look back at the horrible controls from the old GTAs, you can never go back to playing Vice City again. This game's control scheme is so easy to get used to (except the car part). Nico Bellic has never walked so realistically. Now you can take cover behind almost any object in the game. The shootouts in this game are now really enjoyable thanks to the perfect aim lock system and new controls. The controls you have of the cars have also been completely revamped. It is harder to control your car so that you actually have to try harder to drive around town. It takes a lot of getting used to, but in the end you will love the new controls.

Presentation 9/10: This is the reason why many people like the GTA series so much. This time you are an immigrant who was promised the American dream only to find out that the dream was not meant for you. As soon as the game starts, he gets in a lot of trouble thanks to his cousin Roman who has an ability for screwing things up. Later you find out that your only choice is to become a criminal. Soon you start meeting the wonderful cast of people in the game. Let me tell you that each one of the characters is unique in its own way. I am sure that these characters will make you laugh during the game. The story of course will have a plot twist. Another key feature of the presentation of Grand Theft Auto 4 is that it feels darker than the previous versions, and yes - that is a good thing.

It's impossible to write about everything in this game. You have to try it for yourself and see that it was worth every last penny.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/24/08

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto IV (EU, 04/29/08)