Question from halohowie

How do I beat star destroyer?

I cant get pass the star destroyer if anyone has a save that puts me past the star destroyer i would really appreciate it.

zcrazymonkys asked for clarification:

When I try it i get it to be really close but then it starts to move to the left. After i kill the TIES i hold it in the middle but it keeps moving left and it never turns green!

tubularkeenan answered:

Oh you cant do that. thats cheating hombre. I personally had a pretty difficult time with it myself, but i beat that and the rest of the game today. honestly that it the most difficult part of the entire game in my opinion.

what you're going to want to do is take down the tie fighters in an efficient, timely manner. i found that not even relying on that stupid hyper drive piece is the best way to go. what i did was wait behind the the bridge supports for cover until the fighters flew over me. when they flew in close enough you'd be able to see the small blue targeting square on the the fighter itself. when that appears use the force grip on the ship and use it to take down another ship, maybe even two, and you're able to destroy more ships quicker.

once you clear the stage of fighters force grip that big ass star destroyer and simply follow the analog stick directions on the bottom of the screen. it may take some time to get the feel of things but once you start taking the ties down fast you'll be able to keep the SD where you need it to be in first place without having to make many adjustments before you can start to pull it down. the big thing though is speed. once you past the first wave of fighters and pull the SD toward you the first time it only gets closer to you and starts to move back into position. leaving you less time to take out fighters since they're coming from a closer ship and the SD becomes nearly impossible to bring down because you still in the process of making adjustments and you're already starting to get the living crap blown out of you by the fighters. good luck. it look me a solid 10 or so tries before i really got the swing of things and brought it down, but you'll get it.
2 0

Answers

TerasKasiMaster answered:

Hey, HaloHowie...

Beating the Star Destroyer:

Ok, first, keep in mind that this is a multi step process, you'll need to do more than a few grabs on it to get it down, but no worries, you'll get it done.

1st, there's those two large malformed posts you can stand behind one on the left side of the platform one on the right, they'll protect you from the TIE fighters' blaster beams...

2nd, after about a minute the guard rails will detach and try to push you off the ledge, jump over them, then you're green.

so what to do:

hide behind the bubble-like pillars, as the TIEs come and pass by, if on the right, walk right and angle the force upward to right, same if on left, go to the left, when you can lock on a TIE just nab it with the Force Grasp power, you dont need to throw it, but you can chuck it at another TIE for a 2 in 1 attack. as long as you get it even for a second, it'll fall and crash. just aim up with the force and keep whacking the force grab button you'll get them all eventually.

now... once they're all gone (dont worry they'll be back about 4 to 5 more times on avg...) walk into the middle of the platform and force grasp the Star Destroyer.

you need to angle it from sideways to facing you directly, the paddle markers in the middle of the screen will lose the red hue behind them and gain a GREEN hue. you need to keep it in green for about 5 seconds or so then you'll hear Kota shoud something like BRING IT DOWN! and then just push both paddels down, it'll start to fall, but also get closer to you, around this point it'll release about 5 to 6 more TIE fighters and just repeat the steps above to kill off the TIEs and regrab the Destroyer, redirect it facing you, then when GREEN for about 5 secs do the Down paddle thing again.

dont worry you'll get the hang of it and get it down, i have faith in you.

i'll be having some fun with it myself soon, seeing as how i'm now working on Sith Master level... 6 shots from a reg mob = death, yay lol
cant wait to see the dark troopers.
1 0

gm914 answered:

Ignore the stick prompts!! Just pull down, keep pulling down. Blaze thru the TIES with lightning, or move to the right of the screen and grab,hold, and throw at the other TIES. Last pull will bring that sucker down !!
0 1

hari0019 answered:

I had the same problem, and searched other sites for an answer. Basically, there is a bug that some people have, and the paddle markers may be directing you to the wrong spot. Try ignoring the paddle markers, and directing it directly facing you until it turns green. Then you will get the indication to pull both down.
1 0

thund3rstruck answered:

"When I try it i get it to be really close but then it starts to move to the left. After i kill the TIES i hold it in the middle but it keeps moving left and it never turns green!"

Same here! This game is so full of bugs it's hard to keep playing. I have been stuck on several occasions where the force pull just doesn't work on something highlighted in blue. Then I restart the game and it magically works!

I'm at the Star Destroyer level now and surprise surprise, the toggle sticks never turn green. So I repeat destroying the tie fighters 10 times over the course of an hour and no green. I restart the game and try again and now it will go green.

Simply AMAZING that an alpha build of code made it out to retail.
0 0

thund3rstruck answered:

0 0

Joodyood answered:

Ignore the things at the bottom move the left stick until it is straight towards you then tilt the nose slightly up you will get green wait a second or 2 and then u can pull it down repeat this process 2-5 times and youll get the cut scene
1 0

CONDOR125 answered:

It is gonna take you a couple trys. If you ignore the buttons and just keep trying to get it down to you it is possible to get it done in possibly 3 or maybe even less.
0 0

Nicholas240 answered:

Yes, you can't. But I would like it myself if they allowed saving, if you want, to make it faster, you can try doing it with the infinite life cheat: CORTOSIS
0 0

knightrider5000 answered:

What I did was i made the star destroyer face right at me(ignoring the commands) and then raised it all the way up as far as it could go making sure it was still facing me. Once it was as high as it could it went green. And then I started to bring it down. With in like 10 seconds I won. HOPE THIS HELPS !
0 0