Review by krispykab

""You Will Pay for your Lack of Vision!""

This Review can work for all systems I think but I played it on a PS3.

After months and months of hype the much anticipated "Force Unleashed" is upon us. Much to my great disappointment it does not deliver. As a die hard fan for the last 20 or so years I relished the chance to use the force on "intelligent" foes and fill in part of the saga that to me was incomplete. The game works but feels like it was released to soon even tho it was pushed back from its original release date.

The Graphics are absolutely beautiful when they are there. The force powers and combos look really neat and fancy but for the most part the levels play like you are going through a series of tunnels and as a result never get to see much aside from what is right next to you.

Sounds, every sound you would expect to hear plus a some you wouldn't are here. however the game does have some issues and among them is at some cinemas, not always but sometimes, the sound is off, or late, or all together missing.

Very hack and slash. Think kingdom hearts in star wars. Basically just running around hacking away and some enemies take one to two hits where some take five or more. During very busy moments the game can freeze and your character can disappear for a time and once or twice never return.

Replay Value: 7/10

I don't see it. for myself with the way the levels are laid out and the glitches I see this being a three time player. Once for good ending, once for sith ending, and maybe a third to just collect everything or I don't know.

Very sad, had such hopes and dreams and to me and a few others I know it just could not deliver. It has such great ideas and foundation yet it could not utilize it in the way it wanted to. The game has a story but for the first four or so levels it is hidden. Every stage is run through a very linear level fight boss lather rinse repeat with a three minute or so cinematic in between levels to kind of spoon feed some plot or story. I wish I had rented as opposed to buy and heed the warning that a first play through being lost and knowing nothing can be as fast as 12 hours. Once you know what your doing this game can become very fast.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 09/25/08

Game Release: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (US, 09/16/08)