Question from Coledude

What is the policy of copyright laws in level creation?

Does anyone know the copyright policy of LBP? For example, if I were to create a level based on a TV series, movie, or video game etc., will the level be reported and removed or not? I thought it would, but I know there have already seen levels based on Mirror's Edge and Batman. I had some ideas but don't want to waste time creating a level if it's going to get moderated. Thanks for any clarifacations and help.

Coledude provided additional details:

Alright thanks, I just didn't want to spend time creating a level only to have it taken off.

TheBudgetHitman answered:

From what I can tell, they've relaxed it so that if you change the name around you should be ok. For example, instead of Batman or Superman you put Sackman or Supersack or whatever. Also, if your level is about to be deleted, they'll give you a chance to change it first.
2 0

Answers

sackboystitch answered:

Im not clear on the copyright thing, but youll be fine. The batman stage was on the first page of cool levels a week ago and its still there, meaning the moderators didnt clear it. I have seen levels based on metal gear solid and mega man, and alsoa music level that plays sweet child o' mine by guns and roses. Everybody is doing it so dont worry.
0 3

seoulspirit answered:

What they don't know won't kill 'em...Besides youtube is worse then LBP's copyright things and it's still up...
0 2

Realization4 answered:

You might want to check out the "fair use" doctrine. I'm sure you can find it through Google and it is probably the answer to the copyright issues. Among "fair uses" is parody, and that is what the Batman level might be considered.
2 0

elanitakira answered:

http://cinemablend.com/games/ LittleBigPlanet-Levels-Removed-For-Copyright-Issues-13291.html
http://kotaku.com/5081159/ lbp-levels-getting-moderated-out-of-existence
2 0

Ioading answered:

If its based on a copyright item, it will be removed. This has been stated after people got there MGS4 designs removed (Before the release of the DLC packs).
0 0