Review by JimiMorrison187

"Incredible. Best Game this generation."

It takes a lot to impress me with a game, but LBP has blown me away. I held off on this for far too long because I just assumed it was a "kiddy" game, and you hear that it is short, but those thoughts were misguided. While the levels that come with the game are great, the community is unbelievable. The amount of creativity that people have shown in this game is astounding.

The first time you pop in LPG you have to smile. If you don't you aren't human. The Sackboy is one of the cutest video game creations in video game history. His expressions, your ability to make him dance, the voice overs of Stephen Frye, the overall "happy" feeling that the game tries to convey make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

IF this game wasn't a console seller when it first came out, all you have to do is spend a few hours playing some of the user created levels that are out now and you will find that this game keeps on giving. There is no other game out there that can match the replayability, and unique experiences you can have with this game. You can literally never play the same level twice and still be able to play it for hours on end, every single day. These aren't rubbish levels either. Many of these levels are as good, if not better than the ones created by Mm themselves. At least more fun even if many aren't if they aren't as polished.

This game is just pure fun. Don't let the boards and all the heart for heart gibberish put you off the game. If you want your platinum try to create a level and get it legit, or just take the coward's way out. Doesn't really matter. The community is big enough to vote down the trash, and recognize the good so you won't be stuck with terrible levels every time you turn around. Level are only getting better as some of the most creative and hard working level creators learn from each other.

This game is a MUST own. I have played some great games this gen such as Bioshock, Dead Space, Fallout 3, GTA IV, inFamous, etc. and can't say that I have had more fun playing any of them than I have playing LBP. I have actually laughed out loud numerous occasions playing this game. It is brilliant.

Score: 10/10 Game is incredible. If you have a girlfriend that you want to play games this game will own her from the first time she sees it.

Rent/Buy: BUY and don't even think twice about it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/17/09

Game Release: LittleBigPlanet (US, 10/27/08)