How can i get a new PS3 to play PS2 games?

1. i hear that there are ways, is there a simple way that doesn't require me to dismantle my PS3?

User Info: iCEsTyX

iCEsTyX - 7 years ago
    I think I'll just settle for a regular PS3 since i got my PS2 back, i was asking so i can know whether or not i should try and get a cheap one on ebay before all of them are gone.

User Info: iCEsTyX

iCEsTyX - 7 years ago

1. If you go to Wikipedia and search PS3, there will be a section all about the PS3 models that came out and if u buy any brand new ones they will not have backward compatible with PS2 games. So just go to this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3#Retail_configurations

User Info: PolskaKing

PolskaKing - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. before u buy ps3,look ps3 hardware on gamefaqs,there are many types of ps3.some of them can play with ps2 games and some of them can't.Check out ps3 hardware and u will know.There is no way u can do if u bought a ps3 that can't play ps2 games.

User Info: kjhoh

kjhoh - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. 40 gigs cant play ps2 only 60 an i think u can if its over 60 but i heard tht they will be releasin something in the playstation store to Play ps2 on 40's

User Info: bullseye95

bullseye95 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. You also need a memory card and controller adapter to play. You can't use the PS3 controller for some reason.

User Info: ddrartbunni

ddrartbunni - 7 years ago 0 4
  4. If you bought one of the 80gb consoles before sony 're-released' the system with the hardrive size upgrades, you can play ps2 games using a ps3 controller(sorry, ddrartbunni, but I've been playing American Wasteland for about three weeks now-without any adapter). The 60gb consoles could also emulate the PS2 OS(but those have been replaced with 80gb models;the 80gb was replaced with 160gb). I don't think that the new release of the console is able to run PS2 games.
    You have to create an internal memory card to save if you do not have an adapter. Currently there is NO way to import your old save files(any on an actual PS2 memory card), unless you purchase an adapter. P.S. All PS3's are able to play 95% of PS1 games.

User Info: Vu1kan

Vu1kan - 7 years ago 2 1
  5. ^ The 80 gb wasn't replaced with 160gb, I don't know about you but here in UK there are still 80's and 160's.

User Info: pokemonlink111

pokemonlink111 - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. you can buy one from mexico, here are still many ps3 that can run them!!!!!!!! X D Mexico Rules

User Info: Heirmixer

Heirmixer - 7 years ago 0 1
  7. There are not any downloads to make your PS3 backwards compatable, the 40 gig cant play them the 80 gig can. There was a 20 gig and 60 gig which are not sold anymore, they were the first PS3 models, both of them could play PS2 games.

User Info: Lilbudy

Lilbudy - 7 years ago 0 0