Review by gitaroo_zowie

"Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock is a great game with a few minor flaws."

One of my most anticipated games was finally released, I was pleasantly surprised in some aspects and disappointed in other aspects.

Graphics 8/10 - Well the graphics in Guitar Hero 3 are decent to look at, the graphics are definitely not the major aspect here because the main core of the game is the fret board. The tar power effects are nice to look at and the backgrounds are nice to watch. A few things that bugged me were that that everyone moved real stiff and the singer had a really huge chin and was dumb to look at most of the time, they did a real good job with lip synching here and it is almost spot on.

Music 10/10 - The developers did a really good job here picking the set lists for this. They had many great songs to choose from like Raining Blood, One, Monster, Prayer of the Refugee and even Through the Fire and Flames! There are a decent amount of master tracks and the cover guy did the songs a great justice. Everything was interesting to listen to and with 70+ songs to choose from how could you go wrong.

Controls 7/10 - Well this section is specifically chosen for the PS3 version, what really angers me is that with the USB dongle sometimes you cannot get a good connection with it and there for you miss notes you knew you hit but don't hit, it angered a lot of people that came to play this game with me. What saves this score is the great job with the guitar controller, its modelled after the Gibson Les Paul and is black to match the PS3, all the buttons are spaced out and the stickers that came with it are fun to decorate the guitar with if you choose.

Gameplay 8/10 - The developers did a decent job with the frets, it was decent and some of them make you really feel like your accomplishing something. A few note sets feel odd like a Green+Orange one its just weird to move your fingers that way at first. HO/PO's are easier to do now and your bar does not go down as fast. A few things that are bad too are for one that you choose the difficulty before the song so you have to keep going back to change your difficulty with a group of people. The online is decent they just need to make it easier to make getting into a game easier. Another thing that bugged me is that the guitar randomly cuts out while playing and it takes away from the experience. There are plenty of things to buy and unlock so you will enjoy it.

Replayability 10/10 - Guitar Hero is known for this and GH3 is no different. This is a game you can take to parties, or events and everyone can join in no matter how much experience they have. You unlock plenty of new characters, guitars, songs, finishes, outfits and etc to keep you coming back for more. You'll never get bored of this title and its definitely worth the 99.99 price tag.

Overall GH3 is a decent game and worth the 99.99 just don't expect a flawless game to play.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/30/07

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)