Question from flipcali

Error: Unable to connect to Activision Matchmaking [Error 33]?

Does anyone have a solution to this? COD4 was working fine earlier today and now it keeps telling me this. Same with LBP.

thedawgXD answered:

Whenever you see a problem with online in CoD4, try the following in order, and usually they work:

1. Exit out of "Play Online" menu, and go back in.
2. Exit out of "Multiplayer" menu, and go back in.
3. Sign out of the Playstation Network, then sign back in.
4. Restart CoD4.
5. Restart your internet by running an Internet Connection Test under Network Settings, and check for an error message.
6. Sign into a different Playstation 3 account (and a new online account), and try playing, then switch back and compare the two.
6. Restart your Playstation 3.
7. Restart your modem and/or router (if you control said devices, otherwise ask whoever runs your internet for help). Also work with said network manager to try and solve the problem.
8. Look around and/or post in the Playstation 3 boards for help.
9. Google search the error.
10. Try playing the next day (sometimes errors go away by themselves)

I'm sorry I don't have specific information on that problem, but that list is a pretty much tried and true method (I think I've seen that error before, and it's not bothering me now, so it's obviously been solved somehow) that works with just about any given network or online-based error.
2 0

Answers

NiTeEdGe answered:

Try running an Internet Connection Test and reconnecting
1 3

jjp93 answered:

I used to get this. Its because your ISP is not giving you internet traffic priority. It will work early and late in the day, and should go in a while
1 0

thesmiter answered:

Try putting your ps3 in a DMZ. You can look that up instructions on google. Essentially, you open all ports on the ps3 by putting it in a DMZ. It can be confusing, but there are many guides out there to help. Also, having a wired connection might help. Hope this works!
1 2

dolleroy89 answered:

I just turn my router off and on, then it just works fine with me
1 0

TheEndless1986 answered:

If you are running a wireless connection then it may have to do with the distance between the system and the router. I know for me the router is in the basement and if I have my playstation upstairs in my room I always have a hard time connecting (mainly has to do with the router, not the playstation) so I move it to the basement. Even then I still from time to time have problems so I reset my router by unplugging it, waiting 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Routers and cable modems need to be reset from time to time. If reseting the router does not work then reset the modem bu finding the reset button on the back (usually it will have a small hole with the button in there so you will need something like a paper clip or a pen to get to it, just press the button and hold it for about 10 seconds just like the router). Either way you go when you reset give the wireless system about 10-15 seconds to reboot itself and try it again. If you still have problems then just reconfigure your wireless connection on the PS3 itself.
1 0

UltimateShadow2 answered:

This generally means that either the PSN network, or Activision servers are undergoing maintance, check again in a few hours / next day ;)
1 0