Question from chawowzza

Why can't I ever be a host?

Me and my friend are always playing online and he always turns out to be the host of games yet my Internet has a higher upload and download speed and I have never yet been the host of a game. So is there anyway that someone becomes the host of the game besides connection?

From: Bobscoresagain 5 years ago

It's random, amigo. Sometimes you'll host it, sometimes you won't. If your hosting the game, you'll be at the top of the list of players in the game lobby. (Unless of course a few games have already been played, in which case it's the player who's winning that's at the top).

Technically speaking, you can. At the start of each match in the matchmaking it will host the game on one player's internet. If your wondering why you can't actually make your own game, you can, but not a standard ranked game, and it will only be people you invite.

As long as you have a high upload speed you can host ranked games.

If you cannot connect to any other server, most likely, you will host (based on past experiences)

you have to set your internet settings to allow it (the ps3) to be able to host as well, which is why I could not host at all like you.

I hosted a few games last night i host team tac and some searches. but when I went to redownload the game settings to add a friend to my party it doesnt work. Why???

How do you check your upload and download speeds?????

WHICH SETTING DO YOU CHANGE TO HOST?!?!?!?! i have hosted before. when i went to private matches it said recommended max: 18players but now it just says recommended max: 6players. i have changed settings and changed the cables to different slots and but i dunno wat im doing.

The selection is random... ,but you need a good contection to host a game.

in privae match out private match in provat match out provatematch in proivate match out private match find game:D

The selection is hardly random. you need good connection to host but why is it that i have hosted in the past and my max players has been up to 18 then it goes back to 6 ???

It's more based on luck, if you enter a lobby where you're the only one in it, then you are the host, just wait for more players.

Ok i hope uall take this and keep it as da perfect answer but u r host all da time thru da game but u dont no it. At furst ,Yes if u r da only 1 then u r host but thru da match if u hit select the score bored like da eende of da game will come up(ull still be playin) in front to da left of ur name or some one elses would have like this wiered symbol. Thats the host symbol thats how ull no if ur host. Srry im the only one that new it cuz the pm doesnt count he ment online not wit pm and friends

When you go select a game and there are no maches you'll host a game automaticly but u need people to join to play

I think you need to be the first person in the room.