Review by Ginteru

"Is it worth the money?"

Introduction:
Hello and welcome to my first review, I hope that this review will help you on buying or renting Saints Row 2, so anyways, I've got nothing much to say here, so let's move on;

Let's start out with;

Gameplay 9/10
The gameplay of Saints Row 2 is really good, with all of the new activities, missions, multiplayer and CO-OP, it delivers the main aspect to the game: Fun. The capabilities of Saints Row 2 are infinite, the imagination that was putted into the game makes the gameplay deserve a 10, thus, there are some A.I. bugs that can really trash the gameplay, and there are very rare crashes that freezes the game, so you have to restart the game console, so it gains a 9/10. The controls of Saints Row 2 are simple and enjoyable, the A.I. isn't very dumb but isn't very intelligent either, the difficulty can be changed at any time of the gameplay, so it's good for someone who sometimes wants a challenge, and sometimes wants to just lay back and watch the game's atmosphere.

Story 4/10
The storyline of Saints Row 2 isn't very good, since the game specialises in fun but not in the storyline, it's at least worth a 3/10. The storyline is simple and a little boring, it has some drama in it, but not much of it, so I say the story is worth 4/10, the story is simple, but not at it's best.

Physics 7/10
The physics of the game uses the Havok engine, the physics are not bad at all, a vehicle can loose much of it's details, which turns it into a physics object, but the games physics doesin't avoid bugs; the bodies noclip at each other, and the driving physics aren't very good, the bodies and the destroyed vehicles sometimes disappear when you're not looking, and they rarely disappear in front of you, it's not a major bug, but it could of been better.

Graphics 7/10
The graphics aren't very bad, they're not the best, but they are enjoyable, the characters are detailed, the vehicles are detailed too, the weapons aren't very detailed, but it's not a major flaw, the graphics doesin't reach GTA IV's graphic level, but they are enjoyable.

Sound 9/10
The sounds are simple and good, the voice acting is not bad, and the sound of the physics are not bad either, thus, the sound of the weapons aren't the greatest, the sounds are pretty good, so I give it a 9/10

Customization 10/10
The customization is really good, the character creation gives about everything you need to create your character, the clothes have much customization too and you can customize every vehicle you can find, the customization of the game let's your imagination go wild, so I give it a 10/10!

Play time 9/10
Saints Row 2's missions can be beaten in about 4 days, but with the activities and the additional diversions, the 100% of the game can be achieved in about 2-4 weeks, and you can replay your completed missions at a safehouse, so it deserves a 9/10

Final Recomendation:
It's not actually the "Best Game Ever", but it sure is one of the funnest games of 2008, so if you have a great imagination, the game is for you.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/08

Game Release: Saints Row 2 (EU, 10/17/08)