Question from vgyhn

What's the point of the Dunwich Building?

Beyond the melee Bubblehead at least.

I found Jaime's logs 1~>9 so I followed that little story but when I made it down to that creepy obelisk I was expecting some sort of conclusion.

I mean, ghoul Jaime was there and I killed him, but it felt like I missed something.

hockeysteve54 answered:

Fallout 3 is the epitome of a "Sandbox" game. Most places are essentially dungeon crawls...areas that aren't integral to the main plot, but add flavor to the world's environment. Dunwich is supposed to be one of the creepier locales in the game. It has almost pitch black lighting...doors shut on their own...objects fly across rooms,..the pre-war flashback...the scream of zombies just before you hear their frenzied running coming at you. I thought it pulled of a haunted atmosphere very well. Now if you go in there with a ghoul mask on, then I guess it wouldn't be. And yes, it is based on H.P. Lovecraft's story.
2 0

BlueMoney5 answered:

I am not sure myself, BUT there is a Bobblehead in thee last chamber up in a seperate room with a door to the 1st part of the building, I never figured that one out either though, I have got to see how this question ends.
0 0

Sideshow50187 answered:

this game was finished up lazily. there probably should have been more to this building and many others, but there isnt.

if you wear the ghoul mask all the feral ghouls stand around and Jaime still attacks you.
0 0

Carnage61636 answered:

This building, Jamie's logs and the obelisk are a homage to science fiction/horror writer H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. What their exact functionality in the game is I'm not sure.
1 0

hot1on1fier answered:

There is a bobblehead
0 0

yuka_flex answered:

You have to find the necronomicon
0 1

alexboutet answered:

It's common practice in Bethesda games to include allusions to Lovecraft. Like the Hackdirt quest in Oblivion.
1 0

splitterfreak answered:

Although the dunwitch building's story wasnt finished in the main game, you will be able to finish it in the dlc "point lookout"
1 0