Is there a safe place to store equipment?

1. Like a safe house or something, because I heard that storing stuff in the open is unsafe. Can I clear out the super duper mart and use the robot to protect my stuff?

User Info: hokosam

hokosam - 8 years ago
    Really? Just the two safe houses, not even the super duper mart when the robot's protecting it?

User Info: hokosam

hokosam - 8 years ago
    I used the dumpster near the Red Rocket gas station in Springvale. It's nice having a large place storing your stuff. Has anyone run into a space limit on a preferred container? I've been dumping everything I can in this thing. Also, I would recommend once you've purchased a house use containers to seperate your goods; i.e. weps meds building items each have their own container making access to specific needs faster.

User Info: ford_troy

ford_troy - 8 years ago
    If I bought a new theme or an upgrade for my house, would it cause me to lose the items I have stored in the containers?

User Info: Bisected8

Bisected8 - 8 years ago

1. If you have access to your own personal home (in either Megaton or Tenpenny Tower), that is your safe house. Every else is to be considered unsafe.

User Info: hotwiredmunky

hotwiredmunky (Expert) - 8 years ago 31 0

Answers

1. You can store your equipment in a storage container at a house that you own or apartment

User Info: C_A_G_E

C_A_G_E - 8 years ago 18 3
  2. Well if you get a house you can just just ditch stuff in there. I use my room in Tenpenny Tower,

User Info: BeautyIdol

BeautyIdol - 8 years ago 8 5
  3. How do i obtain a safehouse? In megaton for example?

User Info: cornishpete

cornishpete - 8 years ago 2 11
  4. Either disarm the Megaton bomb or cause it to explode. Disarming it earns you a house in Megaton (provided to refused a reward for doing so), while blowing it up for Mr. Burke will earn you a penthouse in Tenpenny Tower.

User Info: Volgran

Volgran - 8 years ago 14 3
  5. Volgran is right except you can accept a reward for saving the town AND get the house. I even used speech to get more b caps for a reward and still got the house.

User Info: ShadowReaper313

ShadowReaper313 - 8 years ago 13 1
  6. I've been using lucas simms house to store stuff and so far so good i sill got everything and its been prolly 2weeks in game time.

User Info: scarbone80

scarbone80 - 8 years ago 0 3
  7. Like oblivion you can throw it down anywhere and its always there same as if you killed a bunch of super mutants and left there items either on them or dropped from your inventory beside them went to town did another quest went back where the super mutants are all the items are still there i usually drop items by a shop if its real important store in house just in case but iv never seen them disappear

User Info: krazy7754

krazy7754 - 8 years ago 0 5
  8. It'll be safe as long as the title of the container is written in blue.
    If it's in red, that means it's owned by someone else - Meaning someone can open their locker and be all like "Oh cool" when they see your guns XD

Best place to store your equipment is in your house in Megaton / Or if you blew up Megaton, your suite in Tenpenny Tower.

User Info: Jeric735

Jeric735 - 8 years ago 2 0
  9. I'd have to totally agree with krazy7754...Having spent ALOT of time looting in Oblivion....This is very similar..... I have'nt acquired a house yet...so I've been dropping all the junk worth saving at the bottom of the stairs in Moiras pad as I'm doing the Survival quest.....it's been well over 3 weeks in game time and shes still tripping over my pile of junk everytime she goes upstairs.......

User Info: dakinespot

dakinespot - 8 years ago 3 0
  10. My personal stash is ar Meresti Trainyard... Fast Travel drops you not 10-15ft from a pair of large dumpsters.

One is filled to the brim with weapons and undelivered quest items (scrap metal, N-K Quantums, Blood Packs, Pre-War Books, etc.) and the other with sets of armor and salvaged scraps to make improvised weapons later on.

Then I just keep my normal kit of weapons (Chinese Assault, Combat Shotgun, Sniper Rifle and Hunting Rifle) and Armor (Recon Armor, Eye Glasses, Shady Hat, and set of +LP/Repair/Med/Speech/Barter/Rad.Resist clothes), and meds with me, and just pop back to Meresti to repair and dump off scavenged gear and parts.

Beats the heck out of having to make a run from the Fast Travel drop-off point to your apartment/house to dump stuff off.

User Info: SANGRAHL

SANGRAHL - 8 years ago 0 0
  11. Once completing the quest Those!, and having activated the pulse, Grayditch is completely empty of fire ants. Fast travel to Grayditch puts you just left of the Abandoned House. Upstairs in this house is a bed you can use freely and a wardrobe cabinet that you can store all your stuff in.

I've been using this house for a long time in the game and have never had the Talon Mercs attack me at the house.

User Info: tmoney76

tmoney76 - 8 years ago 0 0
  12. Be careful storing items in the My Tenpenny Suite. I stored a ton of stuff in there that I need for quests and such and now everytime I try to return my xbox360 freezes when trying to enter the tower (when it tries to load). I've heard of others having freezing problems in other areas. There is a memory cache clearing routine suggested but it didn't work for me.

User Info: mtopol01

mtopol01 - 8 years ago 0 0