Question from squallheart

2 Player battle?

Can there be more cars during this mode. Old gt modes allowed for 2 player 16 car racing. Can we play nascar racing with two players and the rest of the drivers. So far ive only been able to play nascar with jusy me and my brother. To get the full nascar exp u need all cars on track

Shockingly u cant...split screen 2player is just that 2 players. GT5 would be considered simply a single player game if it werent for that anomaly.
Then again its possible i'm blind or dumb and it does exist and is hiddin somewhere in the terrible menus of theirs.

cool fact of the day: did u know that Resistance 2 could be played 2 player split-screen online and u could log into 2 accounts at the same time...makes u wonder why no one else has done this yet.

Back of box states that only two players, but that doesn't appear to be what you are asking (In a 2 year old question, I know).

The answer to your question is no. There is (as of now) no way to include AI controlled cars in 2 player battle.