Question from Blacksheep626

Historic Racing Car Cup?

What is the best car to use for this event. I never see the cars from this race in the used car lot and i wasnt sure if there is another car that is good for this race also. Thanks in advance.

richard_uk_ asked for clarification:

Hi -

bit new to posting on here but have just got to level 21 but struggiling with the historic race. Ive got a bit of cash to spend but dont want to neccesarily blow it all on 1 car for 1 race. I made the mistake of selling that lambo 74 as thought it was obsolete.....doh! Ive got a supercharged modded corvette but it doesnt like turning.

Could anyone help me out with a vehicle...bit new to this...to loan or buy...or could send something of value over in return! :-) or any advice appreciated.

Thanks for any help.
Rich

blaze9794 answered:

I was able to use the Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 that you win from one of the earlier racer. After fully tuning it (including soft racing tires and a wing) and setting my driving aides to: from top to bottom: Auto, Racing Soft, Racing Soft, On, 1, On, Off, On, 1; I was able to easily beat them. Make sure the Toyota starts behind you when you start the race. If he doesn't, exit and go back in until he does. He started 9th for me in both races. Also, I found it very hard to catch up if I didn't brake late into the 1st corner to get the lead right away in both racer. BTW, the 2nd race is a LOT easier than the 1st. Good Luck.
2 0

Answers

Hooje_Nerd answered:

Ferrari P4 330 race car does the trick nicely with racing soft tyres. Looks damn fine while doing so too...
Also picks you up a trophy when you win.
Although if i had a 2J i'd have used that... so much power, so much traction...
0 0

DJ_QUICKSILVERX answered:

Hi I'm not sure if this will help, I'm currently on level 23 on both A & B Spec. I can't remember exactly what race it was on B Spec, it was either one of the bottom three races on expert, or the first three on extream. But I got the Toyota 7 Race Car 70'. The good thing is, just use the cars that you used for the A spec races, the only thing you'll need is to get is tyers. My advice would be just to use one driver, there are later races that require 2. But you can get away with using a level0 driver. & as long as the cars are fully tuned.
0 0

richard_uk_ answered:

ok - i started to play with the b spec to level 1 or something and it was ok but a bit steady...prefer the hands on a spec stuff!....sounds like the toyota is a good way in on the xp levels tho...

Ive got 1.5m..is there anything i could buy....? that wouldnt clean me out?

Someone mentioned if you win the a spec extreme - drive like the wind you win a decent car....but they look like 1000bhp 800 kg cars ...so cant see me competing...ive just got the usual tuned ferraris, GTRs, lambos, M5s etc.

Cheers
Rich
0 0

laughjuana answered:

U get the toyota 7 by winning the 2nd race of extreme sereis on b-spec i think (get teh minolta on a-spec) i used the toyota 7 with a mid range turbo to do teh first track on the nostalgia cup and then use teh default turbo on cote d'azure. its very tricky and theres no point spending a fortune on a bunch of cars for it, i did exactly same thing buying various race cars from used cars and they just didnt handle/accel well enuff. just leave it a while till u get teh toyota 7 and save urself a lot of cash and frustration. the cote d'azure with toyota 7 may take a fair few attempts too because teh jag or 2j are fast little buggers
0 0

madSomnambulist answered:

The "Like the Wind" event cleared in B-spec (level 21) awards the Toyota 7 '70, which should be enough to clear this event under A-spec with sheer power but tricky handling. Coaxing your drivers to a win in it might be a bit more difficult, though the preferred cars in that event do come up as rewards in the Endurance series if you don't mind the wait.
0 0

ps1992 answered:

I used a race modded '71 Challenger fully tuned to beat this event, wasn't too hard as long as the 2J doesn't start right near the front.
0 0

Final_Auron answered:

Free DLC coming up between 24 and 31 December - includes XJ13 Racing Car - It should do the trick, I'll just wait for that myself.
0 0