Question from MrBaur

What is the best beginner car to buy?

I am starting out with GT and all the beginner cars I try suck. Please suggest what you think will be a fast yet affordable beginners car. Thanks.

Blitz4532 answered:

HoltNFrew has a great idea, but don't go to the stress of getting all golds. Bronze is fine as you still get cars for it.
2 0

Answers

GasperLotus answered:

I believe it varies from the cars in the used dealership are random. I started with a Skyline which was decent enough I guess.
1 0

icmdraghon answered:

IF you have the gamestop cars I recommend just using the joey lagano car till u get the lvl and money to buy what u want. I tecnically started with a civic (why oh why cant they have an sedan?!) and beat the races it could go in, upgrading everything, then selling it when I had the money to buy my fave nissan the NEW R32 in the dealership.... after that winning in b-spec and a-spec was easy.... for b-spec racing I suggest FF or AWD cars, less easy to spin out under pressure
0 3

starkd15 answered:

I started with a mazda euno, good car for a beginner, $17,000, drives fairly well, this works well until you can afford to upgrade it. And another thing, dont sell it, you lose about 10k
1 0

HoltNFrew answered:

Well, the best 1st car to buy, is in the used car, there is a Civic SIR around 19 900 credits.....
But in fact, what I've done, for EVERY GT so far... just get any used car we don't really care... then GOLD ALL Licences!!! by doing that you will have 18 FREE and good cars (6 for all bronzes 6 for all silver 6 for all gold) ... and for a lot of special events, the cars are free and when you get GOLD, you get a free car too.

So far, i'm around 45% of the game completed, and only 125,000 credits spent. Didn't race in B-Spec yet but with all these free cars that will be piece of cake when I'll have lot of hours to lose to watch my driver turn around.
0 2

thingieing answered:

i started out w/ a Honda Civic Type R '97 ($19980) as it had the most HP in the new dealership section (182HP)...when u max out the upgrades on it, it can bring u pretty far into the game, it makes 377 HP @ only 888kg

when u 1st start out, juz get cheap upgrades like ECU Tuning, Racing Air Filter, Sport Cat (can raise it up to 220ish HP)...then save up for a high rpm turbo kit ($20000)
1 1

ruad461 answered:

I started with a mozda then a mini then a GTO Twin turbo 98
0 2

GVnayR answered:

The best car to buy would be either a Honda Civic or a Toyota vehicle. I find that Japanese cars are usually fast while efficient on fuel mileage.
0 0

Mathison029 answered:

For me it was the 1997 Honda Civic Type R EK and the 1999 Nissan Silvia Spec-S Aero (S15). Also if your version has been Updated to 1.10 you can borow one of your friends cars and do the sesonal events serese and gain alot of extra money too upgrade your starter car or by a 350K Lamborghini.
1 0

zappysam answered:

Honda civic in the new dealership. If you do the Honda Civic seasonal event it will bring you from level 0 to 10 in one race.
1 0

Agent_M-X-q8 answered:

Get the Go-Kart at first and then win the beginners Kart events you'll have more money than u had at the first place allowing u to buy even better starting cars
1 0

TheBigEvil14 answered:

Buy some 90's Japanese sports car like 90's Skyline or Silvia, that is cheap, but has almost 200 hp and with the money left, you can tune it a bit.
1 0

XxDEQUABIANxX answered:

My first car was a Toyota MR-2 Spyder 99' it worked really well and I used it in the intermediate events as well
0 0

GT5_Lover_JC answered:

definitely like the TheBigEvil14 says,i started out with a 90's japanese sports car (i was less lucky,with the choice of an Altezza AS200 (156-160 HP) and an MX-5 '98 1800 (137-146 HP) so it can go in the japan 90's challenge at A-spec lvl 7. first of all try to get it some good tires,and make it reach 200-225 HPthen choose tsukuba circuit in the Amateur cup to get 10,250 Cr. then get a fairlady Z '89 when you reach lvl 12 to get about 20,000 Cr. then keep 'em for the japanese car cup at lvl 18.

then choose the one you prefer (i chose the Fairlady) then go for the championship. it should be easy enough since they don't have more than in the 300-400 HP range. you should be able to get 33,000 Cr. or so in only one round. The car they give you after this is a Japanese sports car of course,but i can't quite remember what it was. oh well. have fun! :)
0 0

P3RR1N answered:

Honda Civic from the new cars Honda dealer. there are a lot of races you can use it in, but i think any car under 20000 cr is good in the beginning :)
0 0

InitialDFanatic answered:

If you're willing, purchase the car pack 2, 3, and the racing car pack. You'll get the Red Bull X2011 Race Car. This car will blow your mind! I used it in all of the championships that didn't have any entrance requirements, and wiped the floor with the competition. But this will only work if you are willing to spend about $20 on a PSN card. But believe me, you won't regret it!
0 0

kbl_racer answered:

I personally started with an Altezza AS200, but the choice should be dependent on your individual driving style!
0 0

icmdraghon answered:

Can we close this cause this is over 2 years old.
0 0

Best car between 100k and 300k to buy in Gran Turismo 5? Unanswered TampaRays_3
Suspend a championship? Unanswered gamertx112
Game Loads Very Slowly? Unanswered PS4LYF
What is more hard to pass GT4 or GT5 ? Answered yeiden_ex
Why is Formula Gran Turismo series so hard? Open ToNEyBrOwn19