Review by Chao_Yun

"The nuts and bolts"

Alright, I am drunk, and letting my B-Spec driver run the show. The plus sides: graphics, music (use your own), a lot of PS features that have no press at the moment. GT is REALLY integrated with the PS3, so much so that I don't know how to take full advantage of it. Why do I like this game? 1: I've been playing since GT2 and I like the physics. 2: The cars are beautiful, and I'd kind of like to shoot the whiners in the head because there are ONLY two HUNDRED cockpit views. Are you kidding me? This game is SO detailed. I want them to clean my house. Girls would orgasm just stepping in the door. Except for the people. Lol. I'd rather just run over them. Better than they were before, but still, better if they weren't there at all.

I was really disappointed with GT4 because it wasn't online. GT5 fixes that. I just need my brother to get good enough to be my teammate. We would DOMINATE! =) GT5 caters to online players. Few games do. They get an A frickin plus for their work here. I love how they have partnered with most major manufacturers, especially Ferrari!, but I was a little disappointed that Porsche still has a stick up its ass. I've been a Porsche fan-boy all my life, but if you can't roll with the punches, why should I roll with you? 959/Enzo, hmm.

Game play is about what you would expect. The licenses seem a little easier this time around, but they are still a pain in the ass. Nurburing (sp?) kicks my butt, but it is a fun course. I am really disappointed with the grind. Usually GT rewards you with a car that will help you shortly thereafter. Not so in this iteration. You better have no life and no girlfriend, because you will need to grind for exp and cash. That is why I give this game a 9 rather than a 10. Content should dictate level, not time. I'm a little disappointed, considering how long they took, but hey, it is still the best out there by a WIDE margin, and there is no driving game I would rather play.

Bottom line: buy it, steal it, copy it, just get it! If you like to drive, this game will satisfy, and if you think you are the bomb, try online, get past traffic and prove it, hehehe.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/06/10

Game Release: Gran Turismo 5 (US, 11/24/10)