Review by JackLiberty0

"Not Perfect, But Still Good"

I have always been a fan of the Gran Turismo series, mainly for its wide selection of real life cars and realistic graphics. When Gran Turismo 3 came out a few years ago, it had some of the best graphics I have ever seen. The thing I liked most about GT4 was that it had LOTS of cars to choose from. Here we are now with GT5, and I'll do my best to explain the good and bad about this game.

GRAPHICS: 9/10
The reason this got a nine was because the standard cars do not look as detailed as the premium ones. Hopefully with future updates, we'll be able to see more to them. Otherwise, the premium cars look gorgeous, and the background looks great. Otherwise this would get a 10.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
The game is very enjoyable for almost any racing fan with over 1,000 cars to choose from. Remember only the Premium cars have interior views, the standards don't. You can randomly customize your own race courses. NASCAR and Go-Kart were great editions. GT Mode is a lot of fun.

AUDIO: 9/10
The music in this game (in all honesty) is horrible (but that's just my opinion), but that's okay because you can take your music from your PS3 hard drive and play them instead. The gameplay audio sounds very satisfactory.

CAMERA: 9/10
You can choose several angles, from a bumper view, to a hood view, a third person perspective, and an interior view (Premium Cars only). The replays look great too.

CONTROLS: 10/10
Pretty much the same as previous GT games, the steering wheel can be used again.

REPLAY VALUE: 10/10
This game will have you coming back for more once you beat it.

SMOOTHNESS: 7/10
The Loading Screens can get quite annoying, and you have to wait about 45 minutes to install the patch before you can play the game.

MULTIPLAYER/ONLINE: 7/10
Online Mode is okay, but not perfect. Arcade Mode could of been better, but still okay.

GOOD: Premium Cars look fantastatic, Licenses are no longer required, lots of cars to choose from.

BAD: Online Mode is kind of outdated, only Premium cars have interior view, Standard Cars aren't as detailed as Premium Cars, Loading Times can get annoying.

OVERALL: A Great game despite the issues, that will hopefully be resolved in the future with any future updates that Sony may plan to release.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/11

Game Release: Gran Turismo 5 (US, 11/24/10)