Review by Bozislav

"Can you say: "Overly Complex"?"

Well, what can I say, this game is the fourth in the series and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the other installments in the series! I mean come on, what happened to Jack Carver, it was interesting playing as him. The characters you have available to choose from in this game are constantly annoying, this game claims to hold the most realism in a game so far, if this is true how come your character has apparently the fastest metabolism in the world, and within minutes you contract and almost die of MALARIA.

Anyway, this game takes place in an Africa about roughly the size of Cuba. This is good and this is bad, for one thing where exactly in Africa is this supposed to be? Why can I walk ten feet from the wooded area and instantly be in a scorching desert?! Why do your enemies always have faster cars and better accuracy with their impossibly accurate guns that can shoot you in the eyes at over 100 yards?! Why are there no animals anywhere in this part of Africa? Why is this guy (or girl) that you play as ably to take only around 10 bullets before he/she goes down and yet your enemies go down with sometimes up to 5 point-blank shotgun blasts!?

These and many more questions will constantly elude you. You will find guard post almost every 100 feet from each other and when you wipe one clean of enemies and exit the immediate area they are instantly back! As far as I can remember there is virtually no music to speed up anything, most of the game is simply you talking to some guy who is working for some faction that wants to screw over some other faction, and to accomplish this very vague goal usually it is "go here and kill everyone", or "Stop this caravan from delivering the goods", or "go kill that guy and anyone in between", whatever it is it is always the same thing you driving your a$$ off for half an hour to get somewhere and killing every single person that stands in your way or near someone in your way with explosives and boomsticks.

Now that that is out of the way, this game LOOKS beautiful, the scenic jungles, deserts, forests, and savannah-esque landscape is rendered very well. The guns aren't the most realistic but I've definitely seen worse. The most subtly annoying factor to this game is the weapon status, eventually your gun will break and blow up in your face, but thats the end of its journey. The late part is just horrible, it starts to jam on you CONSTANTLY, causing you to stop whatever you were doing previously to unjam your gun which takes just long enough to get you killed.

Overall I almost would say I don't like this game, but the overall rating of it is average.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 12/02/08

Game Release: Far Cry 2 (US, 10/21/08)