Why am I getting an endless loading screen?

1. So I just completed chapter 7 Chicago, Illinious and after watching the last movie of the chapter I got to the loading screen for chapter 8 Holar Tower, Iceland. The problem here is that after waiting for 10 minutes nothing loaded. I could still access the PS menu so I decided to quit game but instead it decided to reboot my system.

I have checked the disc and its perfect.

Now when I try to continue from my last saved game it starts me at that same end cutscene for chapter 7 which then brings me to chapter 8 and the endless loading screen.

I didnt have this problem on my first playthrough when the game came out but im trying to unlock superhuman.

So if there isnt a way to fix this does anyone know if each chapter remembers the hardest difficulty you have completed?

That way I could start a new save from chapter 8 finishing my hard playthrough to unlock superhuman.

Any input is appreciated and thanks in advance.

User Info: End___Game

End___Game - 7 years ago

Answers

1. It sounds like you have a faulty disc as I've just completed that level, viewed the cutscene and progressed to Level 8.

Things to try:

Deleting and reinstalling the game and the patch.

Getting a replacement copy of the game.

Deleting your save and starting over.

if none of the above works then your PS3 might be broken and in need of repair.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago 0 0