Review by ExcessEnergy

"Lots of Changes, Unfortunately, Not All Positive."

Okay, first off, I loved Resistance: Fall of Man. I bought it on launch day, with my 60gb ps3. I'm a PlayStation Fanboy all the way.

However, my favorite thing about R:FoM was the Splitscreen Co-Op. I loved it. It gave me a way to play with my uncle(who's like 45) and not have him throw the controller away and complain about a cheap death every thirty seconds. It was also a blast, I played it over and over.

The gameplay is straight up superb. Nothing comes close to having a gun that shoots through walls, a gun that homes in on enemies after they've been 'tagged', and a magnum with exploding bullets. The single player campaign is hard at times, even on Easy (cough swarm fight cough), but still worth it to start from the last checkpoint. This game feels like a shooter, even the cutscenes are shooter-like in nature.

The ending sucked, but other than that this game has the most epic storyline ever for a first person shooter. It was short though, very short, however, even that boring and supremely difficult boss fight was worth finishing immediately to find out what happens next. You don't see alot of that in games these days.

Graphics/Sound: 10/10
The graphics for this game are magical, I swear. I play on a 47in 1080i Flat screen, HDMI and all that crap, and the graphics are above par with any other game I've seen, though MGS4 may come close. The sounds are typical of an FPS, lots of gun noises, some splashing around in the water, and a bunch of dead guys moaning as you pop them in the head. Oh yeah, and the Chimeran roars, those creep me out.

Play Time/Replayability:7/10

The first go through of the single player and you'll see that it's short. 4 Hours maybe. However, online play is really awesome. It's very reminiscent of R:FoM in the leveling system, and a blast for any Call of Duty lover. However, Co-Op being changed was totally lame. Nothing pissed me off more than seeing that 'class based' was really THAT class based. The story of the co op is nonexistent, and it's a waste of my time and yours. If you're going to play with other people, play online mode.

Verdict: 8/10

If you loved R:FoM, may as well get it. If you love online play, get it. If you want a co op game to play with your cousin who's in town for the next month, rent it, and get something else afterwards.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/10/08

Game Release: Resistance 2 (US, 11/04/08)